It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

danilee HB User
abnormal EKG T wave

Hello, I had an EKG prior to Gallbladder removal surgery 1 week ago
My EKG presented with Sinus Arrythmia T wave abnormality. I requested this because I have some chest pains on and off, and strange tickly feelings in my chest sometimes. (my General doc said I had Costochondritis after I went to him with chest pain a couple months ago.
The cardiologist that read it said it was nothing really abnormal and to go ahead with surgery.
I am a huge worrier, health anxieties.

6 days after my surgery I had chest pains again, and was so scared I went to the ER. They did an EKG said nothing changed, same arrythmia. Sent home with pains related to surgery, referred pain. (I am still in pain from my supposed simple GB removal)
I decided to see another cardiologist about my abnormal EKG, and he also said it was nothing alarming and just keep healthy. Diet, exercise.

I have been under stress over health issues, ie GB and some women things, also I recently lost twin babies stillborn at 8.5 months feb. 28th.
The cardiologist said that this is all related to stress, and that my heart is fine.
I am curous if anyone else on here has been told this?
I am 27 female, no family history of Heart attacks. I have USUALLY pretty low-normal Blood pressure. I am not overweight and I eat OK foods.

Thanks for ANY help!

Dani

Old 09-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

Fanntym HB User
Re: abnormal EKG T wave

Hi

I was told that my Twave abnormality was nothing to worry about, and although I don't have arrythmia's I do have Dialated Cardiomyopathy. If 2 doc's are telling you it's ok, I would take their word for it, but that being said, if you chest pains change in any way, keep getting it checked out. I would think the arrythmia's would be more worrysome.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your babies ... it's just heartbreaking.

Lynne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

danilee HB User

Thank you Lynn for your kind words, it truly is heartbreaking! Literally!

I am still worried about this heart thing.
They said arrythmias can be anxiety? I dont know exactly what they are? Thanks

Dani

Old 09-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

Hi I Am So Sorry About Your Loss.your Stress Level Must Be Sky High. Yes Your Heart Is Probley Reacting To Your Devastating News. Maybe Your Doc. To Give You Something Light To Help You Cope Teporaly. But He Still Needs To Check You Out To Make Sure It Is In A Natural Rythem . And An Eco Wouldnt Hurt. Just So He Can See Your Heart Beating. Once Again I Am So Sorry You Lost Your Babies All Are Special But 2 Are A Special Gift. Hope You Feel Better.susan

Closed Thread