It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 05:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User
What you base on passing the stress test?

I wander, what area you base on passing the stress test with flying colour?

1. The conclusion of the report?
2. The duration on the exercise bike/treadmill?
3. Symptoms not presented during exercise?

Or I miss listed any here?

Thanks

Pika

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: What you base on passing the stress test?

Pika,

Pretty much #3 tells the tale.

The presence of certain electrocardiographic, or echographic anomalies, and pain generation all point to ischemia in the plain vanilla stress test. Their absence is a positive result.

A nuclear stress test adds a "picture" generated by the radiation spread by the bloodsteam to all areas of the heart. ABSENCE of "picture" means parts of the heart are being deprived of blood, most likely by a blockage.

So it's the ABSENCE of all these markers which is the ideal situation,

Last edited by Lenin; 10-06-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Lenin, thanks for the reply.

Well, the Dr terminated the exercise at 1.5 mins because he said, "I don't want the rate that fast!" It probably not showed all the signs yet. While I'm doing my shopping and walking, it wouldn't be as short as 1.5 mins. What can I buy and quene up to pay at 1.5 mins?

I'm still having and even more pains after the stress test. Do I need another stress test and ask him not to stop until the normal or reasonable time reached?

The tech said something about the duration .... but the Dr said he wanted to push the reversal in now. He watched the ECG and do what he wants without listening to the tech! He stuffed up my test and so I didn't get fix! I'm very upset now.

Please give me some ideas, what should I do next?

Thanks

Pika.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
(female)

Dancer_Cat86 HB User

If they stopped the test early maybe it showed up that you have tachycardia, and it would be irresponcible for them to carry on with a higher bpm...What was the test for in the first place? was it for a fast heart rate or pain? I know what you mean though....Its a shame that they didnt give you a chance on the machine, because it would have been easier to diagnose something or at leats know fi there was any changes on the ECG, as your symptoms would come...Maybe they just felt they would be putting your health at risk by pushing your heart to beat faster? Just a thought. Maybe you could ring them up when you get the results and if your not happy say that you were disappointed you couldn't do it longer, because your symptoms didnt come up?

cat

Old 10-07-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

The Persantin Thallium Stress test is suppose to rule out the ischaemia (pain). Upto chest tightness then they stopped the procedure (exercise section). If it is the tachycardia, why offer me a strong coffee? Ask me go home drink a lot of strong coffee and come back have a scan tomorrow. But they said it was much better than the day before! What coffee related to..........? The image or the heart?

Stress, stress ........

Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Pika,

"The tech said something about the duration .... but the Dr said he wanted to push the reversal in now. He watched the ECG and do what he wants without listening to the tech! He stuffed up my test and so I didn't get fix! I'm very upset now."

REVERSAL with time (duration)is a measurement is the calculation returning from peak parameters back to resting normality. To continue further may have been contraindicated based on vital signs and not enlightening to continue in regard to further information.

"Well, the Dr terminated the exercise at 1.5 mins because he said, "I don't want the rate that fast!" It probably not showed all the signs yet. While I'm doing my shopping and walking, it wouldn't be as short as 1.5 mins. What can I buy and quene up to pay at 1.5 mins?

The stress test measures in METs the degree of exertion. For instance on a treadmill walking on a flat surface at 3.5 mph would be approx. 3.1 METs. But inclining the platform with the same mph will increase to more than 7.0 METs. I walked 3.5 mph for a few minutes (could have gone a long time), but the incline to 7.0 METs caused fatique and vital signs indicated it should be stopped after 2 minutes.

Do you have an IVD? I don't know how coffee helps! It is a stimulant and should speed up the heart. Can a faster heart beat improve a test result!?

You should get the report. That may help understand your present condition and a guide for a future reference.

Last edited by started04; 10-07-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Thanks everyone.

What is IVD? I got a copy of report with me. A senior cardio, GP, medical student, paramedic and my cardio, they're reading all different and the answer come up all different too. One thing that I know is no different : the dizzyness, pain and SOB are still there while I'm walking or shopping!

I really don't know the benefit of coffee to me. It gave me a surprise! It didn't mention about the coffee or "Pause" or fast heart rate in my report. So my cardio didn't know they're playing on my heart.

It was a stress test, it induced a long term stress for me now. I don't know should I listen to the Dr anymore? If I read the posts here earlier, I won't go and take this test. It was a big mistake that I took.

Pika

Closed Thread