It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

dougfunny HB User
Heart Problem, Or Pulled Muscle?

Ok, For the past 5-6 weeks, ive had this pain in the upper left side of my chest like above where my nipple would be, it was a stinging/discomfort, now it seems like the discomfort is on the left side like right before the chest meets the stomach,

I went to a doctor and she sent me for a chest x ray and bloodwork, Today she got the results and all the blood works tests they did she said were negative, and the xray didnt show anything out of the normal, she says she thinks its a pulled muscle, But i havnt heard of any pulled muscles hurting for almost 6 weeks...

Some other symptoms i notice are that if im laying on my left side, i can hear/feel my heart beating on my side and in my ear...

But i also notice if i crack my back or bend my torso over to a side, i notice a sharp pain also..

I have no idea what this could be, I told the doctor everything and she insists is a pulled muscle, but i honestly dont think it is,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
(female)

arvc HB User
Re: Heart Problem, Or Pulled Muscle?

Doug funny,
I do have a lot of the things you listed and I do have heart problems. Of course that could be just a fluke. However the pain on your left side could be muscles especially if you have ever had surgery there, played ball or etc. My cardiologist didn't seem to think it was related to my heart. Do you have difficulty breathing ever,trouble climbing stairs, ever feel faint, or any other heart related things? Some of those same symptoms could be related to oxygen and lung issues also. I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
(male)

dougfunny HB User

Nope ive never had trouble climbing stairs, i can usually run without a problem,

ive never had really any problem breathing ever

My parents and my doctor are insisting its a pulled muscle, but i dont feel the same way they do about it, I Just want to get all the tests they can run on a heart, and if the pains still there, then ill believe its a pulled muscle

there are no heart problems that run in my family, But my father has a pretty bad case of acid reflux i guess it is, he has to take nexium

And i myself am perscribed to 150mg of zantac

Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

dough,

Quote:
But i also notice if i crack my back or bend my torso over to a side, i notice a sharp pain also..
That single line by iitself almost rules out any heart involvement. Change in posture NEVER affects pain that originates from the heart.

Closed Thread