It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

JenNic25 HB User
Anxiety after Cardiac Ablation

Hello everyone.. i'm new to this site and am glad to be a part of a support community... i am an RN who used to commute 45 min to work in another town... i started having arrhythmias back in February 2006... thus the beginning of a long road to physicians and cardiologists... the first physician i saw at urgent care started me on Toprol XL once/day.. i took it for about 2 days and thought i was better until i had another arrhythmia attack 2 days later which landed me in the ER... after that i met my first cardiologist who brushed it off as needing to lay off of caffeine.. echocardiogram was normal.. chest x-ray was normal... i continued to have arrhythmia attacks and thus got myself a new cardiologist who placed an event monitor on me and started me on Tambacor which worked for a few weeks.. then the arrhythmias came back.. keep in mind that i commute to work to this was beginning to take a toll on my health.. i was starting to get nervous about driving back and forth which started causing me to have a little anxiety.. so at that point i would start to feel anxious about being alone and feeling the need to have someone ride with me or drive me places i needed to go because of fear that i would have yet another arrhythmia attack...it got to the point where sometimes i couldn't even drive my commute home and i would have to get a friend to drive where i was and follow me all the way back home... then my boyfriend started to take me back and forth to work and my life just became miserable with having to depend on people....i had a cardiac ablation in August 2006 and thought my life would immediately get better afterward.. i thought i would go back to my normal self... but now i find myself having anxiety attacks when it's time for me to drive somewhere alone... i even avoid going to the grocery store or gas station for fear of return of the arrhythmia... i get so anxious and start to have palpitations and tremors when i even think about driving somewhere... it's to the point where my boyfriend has to follow me to work or someone has to follow me home from work.... my doctor started me on Zoloft to help with anxiety and to control my thoughts and i have started seeing a counselor to help me... but i just feel so trapped..i just want my life back and to do things independently like i used to.. this is taking a toll on me emotionally, mentally, and physically.. i'm only 25 years old and i am losing my mind... it's like my thoughts are taking over... i know my heart is healed..i need help and your suggestions..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
(male)

chad341 HB User
Re: Anxiety after Cardiac Ablation

what was you having pvc's a-fib what irregular heart beat.i stated having pvc's then anxity,then i had a-fib at age 22, im 33 now and still have this from time to time,the anxity and panic attacks are when i first started having the problem

Old 12-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

JenNic25 HB User
Re: Anxiety after Cardiac Ablation

i had an arrhythmia called ectopic atrial tachycardia... the only time i experienced PACs was right after the ablation but those went away.. my main problem now is fear of driving because i think my heart is gonna jump out of my chest.. as soon as i get in my car my anxiety goes from a 5 to 10.. it's affecting my life as a whole..

jennifer

Closed Thread