It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User
is arm pain heart related?

Hello,
For several months I have had a lot of pain in my left arm between the elbow and shoulder. I have had neck xrays to see if it was coming from there and they were ok. I have had no shortness of breath or anything like that, do you think it is heart related? I keep reading that arm pain is a sign of impending heart attack. What do you think?
brenwill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: is arm pain heart related?

I have pain in the same area. I have been having this pain since March, i have had every heart test done besides a cath and all show my heart is fine other than MVP. I had xrays done to see why my arm hurts and nothing showed up so it is still a mystery to me. Arm pain from what i have read is usually associated with a heart attack, so im assuming if the pain keeps coming and going for days and days it would not be anything to do with your heart. What does your doctor seem to think it is since the xrays came back fine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User

Hi confused,
Thanks for sharing. Dr. offered to run more test but I am so tired of dr.'s and test at this time, I chose not to. He said it's "probably" arthritis since I have been off the anti inflamatory meds for 7 months due to back fusion surgery in April. I have noticed that the symptoms I have are very similar to a coworker who has rotator cuff problems. If you figure anything else out, let me know and I 'll do the same. I have found that the heating pad helps some, but can't use it 24/7. I figure if it was heart related, I would already be dead by now since it's been going on off and on for appx. a year.
brenwill

Old 12-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
(male)

pappashu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenwill123
Hello,
For several months I have had a lot of pain in my left arm between the elbow and shoulder. I have had neck xrays to see if it was coming from there and they were ok. I have had no shortness of breath or anything like that, do you think it is heart related? I keep reading that arm pain is a sign of impending heart attack. What do you think?
brenwill
I have been trying to get rid of angina pain for years. IF you ever swollow ice and get that weird nasty pain between your eyes, than to me that is what angina feels like. It goes down my left arm and jaw. It's caused by lack of oxygen to the heart and is stable (when you exert youself)or unstable(when you are at rest.) It hurts like hell! when I work out and it comes on ,I slow down and usually it goes away.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

My jaw and arm can hurt when im just sitting on the couch doing nothing. I have told several doctors about the pain and they all assure me its not my heart. I like you brenwill figure if it was my heart i would be dead by now so i try not to focus to much on it. I think alot of mine is from resting my elbow on my computer desk while reading things on the internet. I also use my left arm at work alot, i am a server and i carry the tray with my right hand but serve everything with my left so i do use it alot so i think all that might be causing the pain. I will definatly let ya know if i find out anything else!!!

Closed Thread