It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
How do I know when skipped heart beats are dangerous?

For the last week for absolutely no identifiable reason I've started having way more skipped heartbeats than usual. I can go hours with none and then have 2 or 3 a minutes for several hours. It's setting me over the edge. I don't know if it's normal or not. I went to the ER the other day and they basically didn't care at all and just said to take Ativan and go home.

I need sympathy and advice. They feel so scary and dangerous but I don't know if they are or not. I had a normal echocardiogram 3 years ago.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
(female)

Dancer_Cat86 HB User
Re: How do I know when skipped heart beats are dangerous?

how did you know they were skipped? Did you feel them as palpitations or were you checking your pulse? From what I know (correct me if I'm wrong) a few skipped beats every so often is normal, but if your pulse is irregular with skipped beats and beats all over the place then you might have an arhythmia or something. Chances are if you went to ER and had an ecg then it should be fine, although the doctors should have reasured you more and made it clear what was causing them or if it was normal or not. if you'r getting symptoms and feeling unwell then see your GP, and maybe get an ECG and keep going back till you get your answers!

Hope that helps!

Cat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
(male)

chad341 HB User

some days i have 20 skipped beats in a min,pvc's there just bothersome had them since i was 18 im 33 now,they seem to come on for no reason with me as well stress does make mine worse

Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
(male)

lancey14 HB User

hi mine are similar can have one or two extra beats a day for weeks then from nowhere will have a few days of extra beats maybe 2 -3 times a minute really scary and debilitating but docs insist it is ok.
good health and merry xmas

Old 12-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

My heart get "Pause". I noticed it woke me up in the middle of the night and I've to wait for the beat come. My cardio said it recorded few in my pacemaker, it called "skip beat". But in the holter monitor, it said "Pause" for 3.2 sec which was in the afternoon 2:14pm but not at night! Holter didn't mention "skip beat".

Get a holter may be can pick up something and you realized what rhythm do you have too! You don't have to show it to your cardio. Don't do like me so stupid, showed it to the cardio and he said "didn't make sense"! But it makes sense to me! Have a nice holiday break, everyone.

Pika

Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
(female)

mimiof3 HB User

Whenever I have thought I was having "skipped beats", and had a heart monitor on, they were actually harmless PVC's.

Closed Thread