It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
(male)

farooqjeewani HB User
Please Help :Mitral Valve Propalse.

Hi I have a friend of mine, She is 24 years of age. and following are the findings which from the test which she had from the Echo Test.
Note: She had an operation of ASD 7 Years Ago.
Note :She is not taking any medicine since then.
FINDINGS
Mitral valve leaflets are slightly coarse and show wide excursion.
Both leaflets show systolic prolapse.
Grade II mitral regurgitation. Diastolic flows are normal.
Tricuspid, aortic and pulmonary valves show normal texture,
opening and flows.
Normotensive tricuspid regurgitation.
Normal LV size, wall thickness and function parameters, EF=60 %
No regional wall motion abnormality.
LA, RA and RV are normal.
Cardiac septae are intact.
ECHO DIAGNOSIS:
MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE.
II MITRAL REGURGITATION.
NORMAL LV SYSTOLIC AND DIASTOLIC FUNCTION, EF=60 %
NO EVIDENCE OF THROMBI/PERICARDIAL EFFUSION/VEGETATIONS.
PULMONARY HYPERTENSION.
DR. N. G. KARANDIKAR
CARDIOLOGIST .
Could u please provide your comments on this. Is there any harm to her. How normal is she and. Can she acquire problems after marriage. Pls feel free to provide your comments. Waiting for your true comments desperately.
Thanks and Regards
Farooq

Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: Please Help :Mitral Valve Propalse.

Hi Faroog,

Results do not indicate any serious problem, but there is some valve leakage.

Normal EF (percent of blood pumped with each heartbeat) is 55 to 75%.

Valve prolapse is the valve leaflets don't close properly when the heart pumps (systole phase) due to the prolapse (excursion means impaired movement).

The evidence the EF is normal indicates the prior ASD is not a problem. An operation for ASD seldom if ever requires further intervention, and would not be an issue for any valve regurg.
Many people have a valve prolapse and have no pain, no limitations, nor progression. Depends on the underlying problem...usually the cords that attach from heart wall and leaflet is somewhat elongated. Requires watching. If the regurg becomes serious, there may be a need to repair or replace valve.

Last edited by started04; 01-05-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
(male)

farooqjeewani HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkeith
Hi Faroog,

Results do not indicate any serious problem, but there is some valve leakage.

Normal EF (percent of blood pumped with each heartbeat) is 55 to 75%.

Valve prolapse is the valve leaflets don't close properly when the heart pumps (systole phase) due to the prolapse (excursion means impaired movement).

The evidence the EF is normal indicates the prior ASD is not a problem. An operation for ASD seldom if ever requires further intervention, and would not be an issue for any valve regurg.
Many people have a valve prolapse and have no pain, no limitations, nor progression. Depends on the underlying problem...usually the cords that attach from heart wall and leaflet is somewhat elongated. Requires watching. If the regurg becomes serious, there may be a need to repair or replace valve.
Hi Keith Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate. Can she acquire health problems in future seeing her current report ( any indications for heart problem). Can it affect her childerens after her marriage. Kindly Reply.
Farooq

Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

The probability is very good there will not be any future heart related problems. The heart is pumping adequatey. Cardiac septae condition indicates the operation was a success and no future problem. Except for some valve regurgitation everything is fine.

There may be a hereditary factor regarding ASD and valve prolapse. For the valve, if gene related depends on the underlying cause, or if it is congential.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

farooqjeewani thank you i wrote down all of your terms i alwasys forget to ask dr. mike questions when i see him so when i do on the 26th i am going to tell him to have a seat i have some questions . and always i have another question. so i am going to ask him.so thanks very much.susan kay carter

Old 01-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

ken keith i have a question for you but i am on the wrong area for you to answer my question i have a mass on my right aderal gland that sits on top of my right kidney . so i will ask it on the kidney section so could you go to that one?thanks very much. since i have the mvp to and i just lost mom i would like some answers if you could help me. thanks susan kay

Closed Thread