It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
tingling feeling on my upper lip and face

hi i have a question yesterday while i was at work i was having to walk very fast from dept. to dept. we were very busy at my walmart and i got my heart rate up pretty good and i got a little dizzy and when i slowed down and got back to the podiem i got this light headed and tinging feeling on my upper lip and above my left eye and on my forhead. it happens alot on my upper lip. its a numing feeling and tinging feeling . i went to check my heart rate in the pharmacy and my heart rate was 122 over 84 pluse rate 94 so did my mvp have somthing to do with it. because my heart was really racing. so does any one have any idea ? i can ask dr. mike when i see him on the 26th but if any one has an asnwer be fore then i sure would like to know. thanks susan kay

Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: tingling feeling on my upper lip and face

can any one answer my question ? please ? kenkeith do you know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Hi Susan Kay,

I don't know what it is about shopping, but I quickly find it taxing and tiresome. You may have some anxiety, but your BP and HR was alright so don't worry.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Susan,

It sounds a little like migraine aura.
Do you suffer from frequent bad headaches?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
(male)

Redeye59 HB User

I don't have a heart disorder, but was searching for something about a tingling lip. I've had that very thing at times today on my upper left lip. What gets my attention is I have migraine light shows sometimes too! I had 3 days early this week that I had light shows. I never get the headache, just the scintillating scotomas. I hope your lip and the other stuff gets better soon, and that I don't have this lip stuff for long.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

lennin yes i do have headaches a lot i chalk it up to stress and working a lot /not eating right and not a completly full night sleep i wake up a lot at night i never sleep a full night every couple of hours i wake up and yes i have headaches a lot.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Look into migraine aura: it often starts with tinglings on ONE side of the face and then progresses to visual quirks with one or both eyes...flashes of colored lights, sorta psychedelic and then, within something like a 15-30 minute time frame, the headache strikes like the Sword of Damocles.

See if you can correllate any of these facial tinglings with a headache soon after.

There are also a couple conditions involving inflammation of a facial nerve that will give you the same tingle. WHen it becomes HORRIBLY painful the condition is called Tic Doloreux (sp???)...but no headache.

I doubt your heart is involved.

Last edited by Lenin; 01-18-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

you know kenkeith the more i thought your answer the more i got well not mad but a little frustrated i know my bp/and heart rate was basically fine i had called dr.mikes ofice that day and spoke to mrs.. rosier [she goes to my church ] and i told her i was probly alrigt because i had gone over to the pharmacy to check it after i got these to old men off of it [they just kept taking turns like it was some fun ride orsomething. i told them i would like to check my presure and see and if it was a little high i would let them know. but my orinal question was what could have caused the tingling nd the numbness on my upper lip and on the left side of my face and above my eye.your andwer to me [and moderaters pleae dont get upset with me i am being nice] was well kind of a blow off. im sorry if that sounds uguly i told mrs. rosier i was fine just didnt know wht could have cased it to happen i have the nimb ness on my upper lip a ;lot and i am not looking for anything else to be wrong with me i that would be silly thier are a lot more people in this world suffering from much more major thing s wrong with them than my piddling little insignifacant problems. they light headness finaly went away and the nimb ness subsided and i was working so hard garden center needed change and they are on one side of the store and tle[ tire lube xpress ] needed a key turn for a battery exchange they are at the end of they store / jewerly needed a refund/ wireless needed a overrided for a phone exchange / electronics needed and abort. [ somebodyes check didnt go through ]. all of them are in the middle of the store. and i was the only csm in the store [walmart has really cut down on theire people thinking they are saving payroll what they are doing is killing the rest of us.] what i was trying to say kenkeith was i was looking for some answers as to what could have caused it was i over working my mvp or could i have just gotten my pressure up so much that the blood flow was not getting enough oxgen . i go see him on the fri, 26th but would like some anwers if you can give me better than what you did if not thats ok. im sorry if it sounds uguly i dont mean to be just would like to know. you know i always ask you questions and i woulnt if i thought you dint have any idea but somthing tells me you do so can you answer me better than before like i said my feelings wont be hurt if you just plain dont know this time i wont hold it against you thankyou inadvance for all of your past help i do really appricate it. susan kay

Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Hi Susan,

Due to environmental stress there could have been a rush of adrenaline, and this could cause a drop in potassium. The result can be a cause for faster breathing that in turn causes the balance of oxygen and other gases in your blood to change, which in turn makes your lips and face to tingle.

There may be a pharmo/neurological source that can cause the imbalance. Your system may be overly sensitive and at times it presents the tingly feeling with very little stress.

If it were your heart's output decreasing due to MVP, you would likely have shortness of breath and muscle fatigue. I doubt it is related to MVP, and/or blood pressure. There are almost no symptoms related to high blood pressure. Low blood pressure can cause symptoms, but is more related to dizziness, fainting, etc.

Last edited by started04; 01-22-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

now see i knew you knew somthing so what you are saying was because i was having to run from dept. to dept to dept it made me short of breath and i did not have as much oxygen going through every where it needed to to that made the tingling and the lightheadness start,i did have shortness of brath and muscle tired ness. and a very fast heart rate.right ? ok. now because i had a rush Of adrenline one small very . very mall question when i get busy like that and my adrenline gets to pumping fast does that mean that mass has an oppertunity to grow faster? o.h and guess what i had a lunch date to day . cool huh.? i work with him and hes really nice and get this HE even PAYED FOR THE MEAL . AND HE GOT SUGAR BUT NO DEsert [MODERATERS I WAS NICE], I THINK HE REALLY LIKES ME BUT WE WILL SEE. AND HES MY AGE NOT SOME ONE I HAVE TO ;RAISE' so it was a good day so do i have my thinking right about the tingling on my face? you know some thmes you have to break it down for me and i have to read it sereveral times before i understand it. so i hope this new frienship turns in to something that is good it will keep my mind off of this mass. can you answer me back ? you know you are my long distance boyfriend that i dont even know i just appricite your advice and explaining every thing to me in very slow terms. [ok. modes dont get upset i really dont care to be in trouble again they say i talk to much on the walkie . some times my mouth over/rides my thinking. so by getting moving in a hurry at work and having to be up in second gear most of the time is that thing being given an oppertunity to grow faster? thanks for your help. susan kay

Old 01-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

I don't believe the adrenline glands will grow based on experiences, but a growth of the glands can effect the way and when there is a reaction and the amount of hormone into the system at a given time.

(Rapid breathing such as hyperventilating has more to do with stress and the hormone than physical exertion, but exertion can exascerbate the problem)

Last edited by started04; 01-23-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

so just becuse i have to most of the time i have to keep it up in second gear dosnt necessarly mean that the mass is going to get a shot of extra areniline but on the other hand there is always a possiblity that when i am very busy and i am running from different depart ments and i am getting out of breath that the thing has the oppertunity to grow a litle more until march and they schedule the cat/scan. so we [i ] can see what it is and how big / and if it is begin or not right? so having my heart rate getting up and the tired ness and pain in my chest could have a small part of it beause of the brethlessness? am i on the right track? thanks for all of your help sorry to e asking so many questions i am always full of questions. i go see dr.mike friday so i will know more then i hae a sheet aquestons to ask him i wrote them down so i woulnt forget thanks again. susan kay

Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan,

That lunch date and having a new boyfriend might just take your mind off of all your health problems, but when you go see Dr.Mike, then he is gonna get your blood pressure up again girl! Hope you are having a very good vacation and I sure hope it has helped you to relax and get your mind off of things. Too bad you have to go back to work soon huh?

Take care,
Jan

Old 02-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sue1234 HB User

I know a drop in calcium levels in the blood can cause tingling around the lips. Maybe try taking a Tums next time it happens and see if it helps(unless there is a medical reason you can't take Tums or a calcium supplement!).

Closed Thread