It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
(male)

JohnnyTheGeek HB User
Abrupt symptoms, any ideas?

Hey guys, quick backstory to get an idea of where I'm coming from.

I'm 27 years old and have smoked cigarettes for about 7 years now. (around a half a pack a day)

When I was younger (5 or so) I remember having a heart monitor box hooked up as I went to school. The ones with the suction cups. I'm not on any medication, but I was on paxil and zoloft for a few years for panic disorder. I was almost passing out randomly and felt like I was dreaming. Cold sweats, vertigo, the whole nine yards. I haven't needed them in the last 2-3 years. I also have psiorisis pretty bad on my arms, legs and head. I've had it for 5-6 years. I drink about two cups of coffee a day and haven't really done any exercise (except for a VERY LITTLE at work) in about 6 months. I generally sleep about 4-5 hours a night... but my life is very stress free.

Anyway, lately the left side of my chest has been bothering me. Right under, and favoring the right side of the pectoral muscle. It has felt tired and heavy, or maybe swollen. Almost like its working too hard. My heartbeat seems fine, but I've been very tired lately and sometimes I feel like I have to take deep breaths. When it feels really uncomfortable, I notice myself yawing uncontrollably for upwards of a half an hour or so. I don't feel dizzy or very short of breath, but deep breathing seems to ease the uncomfortability. The symptoms started about a week and a half/two weeks ago. They don't seem to have gotten much worse from when they first occurred. I just woke up one morning with them after a night of smoking.

I called to make an appointment with a general physician (because I haven't been to one in 3 years or so) and going to request to go to a cardiologist, but I can't get into his office for a few weeks and I'd really like to do some research or see what other people have to say about it so I can be prepared when I talk to him (if it doesn't get any worse by then).

Any ideas on what the problem could be or where I could find some more information on possibilites?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Re: Abrupt symptoms, any ideas?

I am not a doctor, but I would definately check your chest and lungs. Maybe ask for a chest x-ray. It could be something in your lungs since you have had a history of smoking. I smoked most of my college years off and on (and even a little pot), and quit a couple years ago. It has made a big difference in my health and you should really consider quitting. Its not an easy task I know, but it was definately worth it!

Last edited by lylone; 02-01-2007 at 04:56 AM.

Closed Thread