It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

yvonne1957 HB User
Question I have recently been diaganosed with Atrial Fibulation

I have recently been diaganosed with Atrial Fibulation. I am taking coumidin, betepace, and Diltiazem, (cartizim). They tell me that this will keep me from going back into A Fib. My question is this. I keep feeling like I'm having palpatations, but when I check my heart beats, they sound regular. But I feel tight in my chest and it feels like it is vibrating a little in my chest. Have been back to the ER twice because of this feeling and they say that my EKG and blood work are all fine. Is this a reaction to the medicines? I know that they will make me feel very tired. They told me to expect that. But what else can be going on?? I am worried about this. Can anyone help me??

Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

Irishgal HB User
Re: I have recently been diaganosed with Atrial Fibulation

i get heart palpitations too... usually when im about to go asleep or if im sitting down after walkin or soemthing. when i feel my pulse im skipping a beat.... today for a while after every 8-10 beats my heart missed one... its kinda scary but i read that it can be normal and nothing can be done for it. unless i start to feel unwell i dont see a point in doing anything aboutit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Snipets I Remember from Another Thread

Someone mentioned the possibility of something wrong with the lungs, since it's winter, and also might you have pulled a muscle or something shovelling snow? That takes about 3 wks to heal if you don't re-injure, but have everything checked out. Just trying to help us not panic. What do I know?

Sorry, I don't even know what fibrillation is, why I'm here, to learn, so I can't help you. Good luck.

Last edited by Eagle; 03-09-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
(female)

*Robin* HB User
Question Re: I have recently been diaganosed with Atrial Fibulation

Hi!

I have almost the same symptoms as you, although my Cardiologist has not diagnosed me with A Fib.

Can I ask how you were diagnosed and what symptoms you had prior to your diagnosis?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
(female)

yvonne1957 HB User

My heart started racing really fast. Had to be taken to the hospital ER. When I got there my heart was beating 186 times a minute. When it finally went back into normal, what they called converted back to sinus rythem, about 12 hrs. later, they ran a lot of test while I was there.
It was very scary. I pray I never have to deal with that again.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #6
(female)

*Robin* HB User

I'm sorry to hear that Yvonne, that is scary. I have episodes where my heart races, but I don't know how high it gets.

What tests did they run on you? I'm curious as to how this gets diagnosed, as I have had a lot of testing done.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #7
(male)

Billysixty3 HB User

Hi Yvonne, I have the same thing for the most part. If they have done a ton of tests on your heart and conclude that your heart is OK than you will be diagnosed with lone atrial fibrillation. The "lone" part meaning that their is nothing attributed to it. Heres a few tips from someone who has been dealing with it for 6 years. Note what you ate before your heart went into a fib. (in my case I discovered that msg was causing about 75% of my a fib episodes) Do anything you can to lower your stress level. Stress is a huge contributer to heart disorders. Take notes on when you get them and what happened before,during and after the episode. IMO, its important to figure out your triggers so you can avoid them in the future. Also, if you can make them stop for the most part you won't need to take those meds on a permanent basis. Good luck to you..

Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
(female)

yvonne1957 HB User

Hey Robin,
They ran an electric cardigram, EKG, Echo cardiagram, a lot of different blood test, stress test ( injection type). That's all that I can remember right now. They put me through the ringer, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by yvonne1957; 03-09-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Closed Thread