It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

luanne320 HB User
calf pain after cardiac cath

my son just had his 8th cardiac cath last wednesday. today his calf in that leg has been hurting. the more he uses it, the more it hurts. this has never happened in the past and i'm wondering if it could be related. the foot is warm, i felt a fairly good pulse too, so i assume blood flow is good.

any thoughts?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
(male)

jordan7601 HB User
Re: calf pain after cardiac cath

Hi,my husband just had 3 stents put in his legs, one in the left and 2 in the right, the right leg had 2 100% blockage,and the left had an 80% blockage. He had the left one done on February 16th,and the leg was sore for about 1 week, had the right one done on March 9th, and it is still painful. He had me look at it last night, as he thought it felt pretty warm, it was warm, but the Dr. told him to get to the er asap if his foot turned blue or went cold, he did not say anything about if it got warm, it seems to be ok today. My husband will be 49 April 1st. Your son is only 13? Did I understand your post correctly? Hubby had a slight heart attack in May,2003, at that time all other vessels in heart were completely opem, according to cath. He had a slight heart attack on February 8th, and and had a stent put in at that time. He has had pad since 1999. His legs did not really bother him until just recentley. I just hope his leg heals enough for him to return to work this coming Monday. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
(female)

luanne320 HB User

yes, nick has a congenital heart defect, so he's been through a lot. sorry your husband has so much going on. it must be hard for both of you.

i did call nick's cardiologist and they are concerned it could be a blood clot. they had me give him ibuprofen and i have to call him back tomorrow. if he's still having the pain, they want to see him.

i hope your husband can get back to work soon.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 AM   #4
(female)

chathamdb HB User
Arrow Re: calf pain after cardiac cath

Hi Luanne,

I would take your son to the ER ASAP. It sounds like a blood clot. You never know. Is your son already on Asprin?
My husband was born with Tetrollogy of Fallot(holes in his heart), it was repaired in 1976 ,The docs called these the "blue babies", they would turn blue around the mouth b/c they could not get enough oxygen.
He is 34 and had his 2nd open heart surgery 3 years ago when his pulmonic valve collapsed. He is now in Congestive Heart Failure. I do not take any chances when it comes to his health. Please get your son in to see a doc, just to make sure. Good luck and God Bless.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
(female)

luanne320 HB User

thanks, we did go to the er and they didn't find a blood clot or anything else. i spoke with the cardiologist and he feels it was probably an issue with positioning during the cath. so we are treating it as a sprain and hopefully it will feel better soon.

i hope your husband is doing ok. nick is on aspirin and plavix, along with 3 other heart meds. thanks for the info!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

luanne,
If they ruled out clot then all is probably well.

Closed Thread