It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
(male)

vs1988 HB User
Tickle-like sensation in throat and other symptoms

I'm 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Regurgitation without prolapse back in July. I had an EKG and echocardiogram done. The cardiologist said that my regurgitation was mild and that it was okay to just follow up with him yearly.

Then in November I had an episode of tachycardia with difficulty breathing and palpitations. Luckily the attack happened right in the middle of the ER (I am a volunteer EMT) and I was seen quickly. They did another EKG and again, it was normal. I went back to my cardiologist a couple of weeks later and got a 24 hour Holter Monitor done. They said that came back normal as well.

Then last month I had a milder episode similar to the November one and ended up in the ER again. They took another EKG and said it was fine.

I've noticed lately that I've been getting these weird tickling sensations in my lower throat where it connects to the chest. It only lasts for about 1 to 5 seconds, and feels like something is tickling the inside of my throat with a feather, or like having phlegm that won't come up. The sensation makes me want to cough.

I've also noticed that I get tired more easily, as well as having the "skipped beats" sensation every now and then a few times a day. Upon physical exertion my mouth gets really dry and I feel dehydrated and dizzy.

I've talked to both my primary care physician and cardiologist about these symptoms and they are sure that my heart is fine besides the regurgitation and told me to avoid caffeine.

Any suggestions or ideas on what this might be? The tickling sensation has been coming every few minutes and is rather annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
(male)

Heartzexplode HB User
Re: Tickle-like sensation in throat and other symptoms

Im right in the same boat with you, except I still drink coffee. The only thing that really helps me is to try and ignore the sensations or convince myself that they are somehow normal, or things that normal people don't feel perhaps.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

Somnambulist HB User
Re: Tickle-like sensation in throat and other symptoms

vs1988, I have had that weird tickle feeling at the very base of my throat/ in my chest when I wake up in the morning. It usually fades within 30 mins but it has been happening on and off for about 6 months now.

I have been having heart palps, and I have acid reflux disease. I get heavy beating and just feeling out of breath like I went up and down some stairs and muscle aches like I'm exhausted. They did 2 EKG's yesterday (one morning one night) and chest X ray, blood work inslucing cardiac enzymes etc. and find NOTHING WRONG. I am asking my primary about a holter and getting an appt with a cardiologist.

My therapist (who knows me for 15 years) says it is stuff happening in my life (and I tell you I am under A LOT of stress, my sister and her babies just moved in for a month etc.) and I am "protesting" and angry and resentful. Heck yes I am! It is like how I have felt invisble so long and now still the attention is on my sister and her needs.

I don't know but I am going broke trying ot find out what's wrong.

Closed Thread