It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
(male)

ttibsen HB User
Arrythmia From Excercise

I am a 58 year old male and my doctor, following a recent unsettling event, suspects that I may have excercise induced arrythmia. Next week I’m going to be fitted out for a 24 hour session with a Holter Monitor to see what’s going on more precisely. My usual routine involves going for a so called “power walk” which leaves me a sweaty mess requiring a shower afterwards. Will I be able to shower with this Holter device? I forgot to ask my doctor this question at my last appointment when he set me up for the monitoring session.
Hopefully the answer is yes since the device won’t be of much use if I’m just sitting around the house or working at my job which is dentistry - a pretty sedentary occupation.

Thanks

John Stern

Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Arrythmia From Excercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttibsen View Post
Will I be able to shower with this Holter device?
The Holter recorder connects to your chest through wires and adhesive patches. I don't think that you are supposed to get them wet. Most instructions tell the patient to shower right before the test, because they are not supposed to shower connected to the device.

I imagine a sponge bath wouldn't do any harm, as long as you are careful.

A couple of tips... Make sure that the Holter time is set correctly so that any heart rhythm problems that you experience coorelates with the correct time. Also, there is an event button on the Holter, which should be pressed whenever you experience any heart related problems. Some doctors don't tell patients about the event button. Keep a good log of notes during the day, such as when you ate and activities and any over-sweating, or breathing problems, or any other unusual symptoms that you have during the test, and ask the doctor, after the test, for a copy of the Holter's summary page, BY HOUR so that you can study it at home, and compare it to your log of activities.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-06-2007 at 03:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
(male)

ttibsen HB User

Thanks very much for that informative response Beerzoids although I'm very disappointed that you can't shower with the device. I guess it is going to have to be a sponge bath then because wearing the Holter would be pointless if I'm going to miss out on my "power walk". It was one of these walks that led to my seeing the doctor. I was 10 minutes into my usual 1.5 hour speedwalk when all of a sudden I just couldn't seem to breathe enough to keep going and I was sure that I had suffered a heart attack. But the next AM, I decided to test the waters so to speak and found that I could do the walk at my normal quick pace without any problems.
This is why the doc thought that excercise induced arrythmia was a more likely explanation for the symptoms than a heart attack. Since then, I've done quite a few walks without any troubling symptoms. But you can see why it would almost be a waste of time for me to wear the Holter device and not go for the "power walk". So a sponge bath it is!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
I was 10 minutes into my usual 1.5 hour speedwalk when all of a sudden I just couldn't seem to breathe enough to keep going and I was sure that I had suffered a heart attack. ... Since then, I've done quite a few walks without any troubling symptoms.
What other symptoms did you have? Any chest pain? Did you feel your heart jumping, or skipping beats? Did you get light-headed? Did you feel overly fatigued? Did your legs get weak? Any unusual muscle pain?

Do you usually sweat profusely when doing light activity? Do you ever get shortness of breath, besides during this particular power walk? Do you ever feel your heart misfiring or jumping or skipping?

Before this particular power walk, when you had the breathing problems, did you do, or eat, anything different, or take any medications?

Perhaps, during the day that you had your breathing problems, it was a high pollen day, or your 1.5 hour route was in a new direction, which exposed you to some un-normal pollens or irritants.

Do you know your cholesterol numbers?

Quote:
But you can see why it would almost be a waste of time for me to wear the Holter device and not go for the "power walk". So a sponge bath it is!
The Holter Test might not result in any significant findings unless the circumstances that caused your problems are repeated. When I take a Holter test, I do different things that I know upset my heart, so I can find out what my heart is doing when it is irritated and acting up.

I've had heart disease for decades, so I am familiar with my heart rhythm problems, and what makes them worse.

You might consider lifting weights, or making some home repairs, or some other physical activities, that might cause something to pop up on the Holter.

Regards, and good luck with your test, and in finding out what causes your breathing problems.

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-07-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

iwanttobefree HB User

do you do an adequate cooldown? not having a cool down after exercise can induce palpitations

Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
(male)

ttibsen HB User

What other symptoms did you have? Any chest pain? Did you feel your heart jumping, or skipping beats? Did you get light-headed? Did you feel overly fatigued? Did your legs get weak? Any unusual muscle pain?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••

The overriding phenomenon was one of incredible anxiety above all else since
a. I had never had anything like this happen before
b. I knew that it was really serious - in fact I was sure that I had just suffered a heart attack

There really wasn’t any chest pain and I can’t say that I felt my heart at all in any way. Fatigue - for sure - so much so that I had to take my normal quick pace and do a Sunday stroll in order to finish the walk. I did finish the walk which in retrospect was a pretty dumb thing to do. Remember, I was only 10 minutes from the house when the arrythmia hit. The prudent thing would have been to turn around and go back home immediately. But no - what do I do? I finish the entire walk - another 2 hours in my compromised condition, albeit at a very very sedate pace. I have no explanation for this stupid behaviour.
The legs were just about ready to collapse. There are a few mild uphill stretches on this walk and previously I would use these uphills to break into an even faster mild trot but now these uphill sections were like climbing mountains. I found them to be so incredibly arduous and they left me gasping for breath. Having said that, there wasn’t any muscle pain.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Do you usually sweat profusely when doing light activity? Do you ever get shortness of breath, besides during this particular power walk? Do you ever feel your heart misfiring or jumping or skipping?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••

I never sweat with light activity but my so called workouts are such that I’m drenched in sweat when I’m finished - I put that much exertion into my walks. Ditto for the shortness of breath - I’ve never had to contend with that. I can bound up a flight of stairs and my breathing rate does not change. Now the last question is an interesting one. I have never felt my heart in the chest cavity at all before this incident but I sure have on a few occasions since then ( the incident took place on Thursday March 15). Strangely enough, despite the doctor’s diagnosis of excercise induced arrythmia, none of the subsequent times when I did feel my heart jumping around in there, were during a workout! There was a day at work about 10 days ago when the feeling was there for the most part of the working day and a day later I seemed to suffer from arrythmia for 1/2 day and sometimes I feel it at night when I can’t get to sleep for short periods. So yes, I have felt the old ticker - misfiring, jumping and skipping on a few occasions since March 15 but the bouts do not seem correlated to excercise. In fact I’ve gone out virtually every day since March 15 for the same power walks and I’m able to push myself to the max without setting off any cardiac problems.

Before this particular power walk, when you had the breathing problems, did you do, or eat, anything different, or take any medications?

No to all the possibilities.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••

Perhaps, during the day that you had your breathing problems, it was a high pollen day, or your 1.5 hour route was in a new direction, which exposed you to some un-normal pollens or irritants.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The incident on March 15 took place in Toronto while I was visiting my mother and it was still winter time so pollen was not a factor. The route was the same as always - I’m a slave to habit.

Do you know your cholesterol numbers?

No - but I did ask my doctor about that and he said that all those numbers were fine which is what I would have expected since I’m pretty religious about my excercise program.

Do you do an adequate cooldown? not having a cool down after exercise can induce palpitations

Guilty. I have never bothered with warmups or cooldowns but as I’ve said above, I’m beginning to question whether the arrythmia has anything to do with excercise at all. I’m beginning to think that I just get these fits of arrythmia at random and it was only because one of these attacks happened during a bout of intense activity, that I felt its effects in such a dramatic way. All the other “attacks” since March 15 have hit when I was sedentary and the major effect with these attacks was a feeling of incredible anxiety.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
The overriding phenomenon was one of incredible anxiety above all else since
a. I had never had anything like this happen before
b. I knew that it was really serious - in fact I was sure that I had just suffered a heart attack
When the heart is under stress, or irritation, or damage, it causes increases in hormones, such as adrenalin, which can increase already higher feelings of stress and anxiety.

Quote:
There really wasn’t any chest pain and I can’t say that I felt my heart at all in any way.
The absense of chest pain is a good sign. That could mean that, if it was a heart attack, it was a mild, or silent one. Another thought I had was that it could have been a clot. That's why I asked about your cholesterol levels.

Quote:
Fatigue - for sure - so much so that I had to take my normal quick pace and do a Sunday stroll in order to finish the walk. I did finish the walk which in retrospect was a pretty dumb thing to do. Remember, I was only 10 minutes from the house when the arrythmia hit. ... There are a few mild uphill stretches on this walk and previously I would use these uphills to break into an even faster mild trot but now these uphill sections were like climbing mountains. I found them to be so incredibly arduous and they left me gasping for breath.
I've had major heart disease for about 20 years, and heart rhythm problems for decades longer. When your heart goes out of it's natural rhythm, and doesn't pump effectively, it is common to feel fatigue, anxiety, weakness, lightheadedness, over-sweating, etc.

In my case, when my heart goes out of normal rhythm, I want to take all stress or strain away from my "irritated" heart, because I don't want to push my already irritated heart into a more dangerous rhythm. So...... when it happens, I relax and take deep, slow full breaths, and then exhale slowly and fully, and keep the nice relaxing full, slow breathing for a while. When you continued physical activity, after your heart was already irritated, of course, as you acknowledged, it was not a safe thing to do.

Quote:
Having said that, there wasn’t any muscle pain.
Muscle pain could have indicated possibility of a clot.

Quote:
I never sweat with light activity but my so called workouts are such that I’m drenched in sweat when I’m finished - I put that much exertion into my walks. Ditto for the shortness of breath - I’ve never had to contend with that. I can bound up a flight of stairs and my breathing rate does not change.
Your heart, and you, sound VERY healthy. I was looking for signs of some kind of heart disease by asking those questions.

Quote:
Now the last question is an interesting one. I have never felt my heart in the chest cavity at all before this incident but I sure have on a few occasions since then ( the incident took place on Thursday March 15). Strangely enough, despite the doctor’s diagnosis of excercise induced arrythmia, none of the subsequent times when I did feel my heart jumping around in there, were during a workout! There was a day at work about 10 days ago when the feeling was there for the most part of the working day and a day later I seemed to suffer from arrythmia for 1/2 day and sometimes I feel it at night when I can’t get to sleep for short periods. So yes, I have felt the old ticker - misfiring, jumping and skipping on a few occasions since March 15 but the bouts do not seem correlated to excercise. In fact I’ve gone out virtually every day since March 15 for the same power walks and I’m able to push myself to the max without setting off any cardiac problems.
It sounds like you were at the wrong place at the wrong time under the wrong circumstances at the wrong time of year, etc, etc, etc.....

Quote:
The incident on March 15 took place in Toronto while I was visiting my mother and it was still winter time so pollen was not a factor. The route was the same as always - I’m a slave to habit.
I doubt if you had a heart attack, or sustained any damage to your heart. But, being that I am just someone with heart disease, somewhere out in cyberspace, my opinion and a quarter won't even buy you a cup of coffee.

Your holter will be interesting. My guess is that it will show nothing significant, unless, somehow, you can get your rhythm problem to repeat while you are wearing it. Another guess is that it will show the most ectopic (misfiring) beats, occuring during night while you are in bed.

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-15-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
(male)

ttibsen HB User

<< But, being that I am just someone with heart disease, somewhere out in cyberspace, my opinion and a quarter won't even buy you a cup of coffee. >>

Are you kidding? I'm beginning to think that I should be paying you a consultation fee - your remarks have been that helpful. I've got WAY more information from your postings than I did from my short visit with my doc. Not that I'm knocking him in any way but they simply do not have the time to go into the detail and depth of the problem that you so generously have shared with me.
I went out again this afternoon with the neighbours (a much younger couple in their early 40's) for my usual 1.5 hour trek over hill and dale and this being the Yukon territory, we do have hills! A lovely day with still a lot of snow on the ground but 10C so we really huffed and puffed and worked up a good sweat - no problems at all came up in the arrythmia department.

Thanks so much for the following approach to dealing with the arrythmia attacks

<< In my case, when my heart goes out of normal rhythm, I want to take all stress or strain away from my "irritated" heart, because I don't want to push my already irritated heart into a more dangerous rhythm. So...... when it happens, I relax and take deep, slow full breaths, and then exhale slowly and fully, and keep the nice relaxing full, slow breathing for a while. When you continued physical activity, after your heart was already irritated, of course, as you acknowledged, it was not a safe thing to do. >>

I am sure that I will have a chance to try it out shortly.

<< Another guess is that it will show the most ectopic (misfiring) beats, occuring during night while you are in bed. The bed gives you exposure to the highest level of allergens, which in turn, can cause heart rhythm abnormalities. >>

You are dead on with the above observation my friend. In the 3 weeks or so since I've had the initial fright with this issue I have noticed that most incidents DO occur in bed in the middle of the night. I never would have guessed why this is so - but your most helpful correspondence has shed light on this aspect of the problem.

Overall I can say that while I may have entered into new territory with respect to my heart, this correspondence has helped enormously in dispelling the sense of doom that had descended on me since my initial "attack". Now I realize that there are causes of arrythmia and it is possible to attempt to minimize those causes.
Thanks again for all the explanations - I'm saving all of them to a folder for future reference. I get wired up for the Holter on Tuesday PM. I'll let you know the results but I'm sure that I'll just show random bouts of arrythmia and NO arrrythmia resulting from excercise.

John

Old 04-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
(male)

ttibsen HB User

Finished the ECG and the Holter this past week along with a chest XR. I had some pretty anxious times with the Holter which I'm sure should register on the device. The results should be back in 10 days or so and I'll be sure to let you know - in case anyone is interested. I've been feeling pretty decent since the Holter came off so I'm wondering if maybe the entire thing was panic attacks rather than an organic heart problem.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I had some pretty anxious times with the Holter which I'm sure should register on the device.
What were those anxious times like, and what symptoms did you have? Did you "TILT" the Holter?

Quote:
The results should be back in 10 days or so and I'll be sure to let you know - in case anyone is interested.
It'll be interesting seeing your results. It's great to learn from others' experiences.

Quote:
I've been feeling pretty decent since the Holter came off so I'm wondering if maybe the entire thing was panic attacks rather than an organic heart problem.
Your main problem was a heart rhythm disturbance that occurred during your 1.5 hour power walk. For it to be "panic" related, the panic attack would have had to occur during the power walk. Any thoughts on this?

Regards...... thanks for responding!

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-16-2007 at 03:52 AM.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
(male)

ttibsen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttibsen
I had some pretty anxious times with the Holter which I'm sure should register on the device.
What were those anxious times like, and what symptoms did you have? Did you "TILT" the Holter?

Quote:
The results should be back in 10 days or so and I'll be sure to let you know - in case anyone is interested.
It'll be interesting seeing your results. It's great to learn from others' experiences.

Quote:
I've been feeling pretty decent since the Holter came off so I'm wondering if maybe the entire thing was panic attacks rather than an organic heart problem.
Your main problem was a heart rhythm disturbance that occurred during your 1.5 hour power walk. For it to be "panic" related, the panic attack would have had to occur during the power walk. Any thoughts on this?

Regards...... thanks for responding!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I thought it might be instructive to relate the time sequence here

March 15 the day I thought I was having a heart attack in Toronto

March 19 I’m back in Whitehorse and book a doctor’s appointment for the above

March 29 I see the doctor who arranges for an ECG, Holter and chest XR

April 10 11 12 I get the ECG, Holter and chest XR

April 27 I get a call from the doctor’s office telling me that they have the results
and would like to see me to discuss the results. Unfortunately I missed
the call and the above was left as a message on my answering machine.
Being Friday PM, it was too late to get back to the Medical Office so I’ll
call on Monday to make the appointment which will likely be another
2 weeks making the consultation date

May 14 almost 3 months from the date of the incident. Thank heavens there’s
nothing seriously wrong with me or I may have died in the interval!

All kidding aside folks, when I finally do have my session with the doc, I’ll report back to the bulletin board. In the meantime I’ll touch on the above points -

It’s somewhat difficult to elaborate on the anxiety that I felt while wearing the Holter. I think the best way I can put it is an unnatural “awareness” of my heart and its workings. In the normal course of events, I don’t think there’s any sense of your heart working away in the chest cavity. Well, while I was wired with the Holter, I had an incredible “awareness” of the heart beating away which felt anything but normal and this "awareness" I think contributed to the anxiety I felt because things were definitely not normal or business as usual. I have no idea what you mean by TILTING the Holter - sorry - so no comment on that.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this truly could have been a panic attack not that I consider myself the type of person who would be subject to such attacks but who knows? I think that there may have been some sort of weird placebo effect when I was wired up to the Holter since I was very anxious - as defined above - for long periods while wearing the device. It's almost as though I was subconsciously attempting to give them a reading that would show the cardiologist (apparently that's the specialist who interprets the readings) that yes I do have problems that justify this whole excercise. Since the Holter test - that's about 2 weeks now - I've still had the occasional anxiety episode but not as pronounced nor for as long as while I was wired.

So what to make of all this? It seems to me that there really may be a psychic component to my signs and symptoms rather than or in addition to an organic heart problem. Stay tuned! But you may have to stay tuned for a little while because, as I've said, I'm only calling the Medical Office back on Monday and who knows when I'll get an appointment with the Doc? No wonder the Mayo Clinic has no shortage of clients! I'm tempted to go myself and get this thing wrapped up in a week rather than having it stretched out this way.

More to Follow

John

Old 04-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
May 14- almost 3 months from the date of the incident. Thank heavens there’s nothing seriously wrong with me or I may have died in the interval!
The doctor would probably dig you up, out of the ground, try to collect what you owed, and charge you for missing an appointment!

Quote:
... Well, while I was wired with the Holter, I had an incredible “awareness” of the heart beating away which felt anything but normal and this "awareness" I think contributed to the anxiety I felt because things were definitely not normal or business as usual.
Anxiety, and stress, causes increases in hormones, like Adrenalin, which intentionally "excites" the heart. It's the way that the body gives the heart an extra boost, so that it will pump more blood, so that you can fight whatever is causing the stress or anxiety. Probably, if you had to go into combat and fight some prehistoric beast, you wouldn't notice the effects of adrenalin on your heart, but when your body doesn't have a good way to get rid of that anxiety-produced extra adrenalin, it can cause irritation to your heart. There are also many other things, such as foods, drinks, allergens and other irritants that can cause a heart to misfire.

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean by TILTING the Holter - sorry - so no comment on that.
It's an old pin-ball joke. I was equating the Holter to a PinBall machine. Obviously a poor attempt at humor!

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder whether this truly could have been a panic attack not that I consider myself the type of person who would be subject to such attacks but who knows? I think that there may have been some sort of weird placebo effect when I was wired up to the Holter since I was very anxious - as defined above - for long periods while wearing the device. It's almost as though I was subconsciously attempting to give them a reading that would show the cardiologist (apparently that's the specialist who interprets the readings) that yes I do have problems that justify this whole excercise. Since the Holter test - that's about 2 weeks now - I've still had the occasional anxiety episode but not as pronounced nor for as long as while I was wired.
You need to look at tests, like Holter tests, as your friends, rather than your stressful foes. The test is to provide you with information about your heart so that you won't be in the dark.

The most important tests are those you give yourself. In most cases, if you have serious heart disease, there are many significant symptoms, like chest pain, shortness of breath or labored breathing, especially after doing mild exercise or physical labor, getting fatigued easily, significant heart rhythm abnormalities, difficulty breathing while lying down, swollen ankles or feet, frequent feelings of passing out, easily oversweating, and others I can't think of right now.

Quote:
So what to make of all this? It seems to me that there really may be a psychic component to my signs and symptoms rather than or in addition to an organic heart problem.
Psychic, as in stress or tension?

Quote:
Stay tuned! But you may have to stay tuned for a little while because, as I've said, I'm only calling the Medical Office back on Monday and who knows when I'll get an appointment with the Doc? No wonder the Mayo Clinic has no shortage of clients! I'm tempted to go myself and get this thing wrapped up in a week rather than having it stretched out this way.

More to Follow

John
How about asking your doctor if you can have a copy of the Holter report so that you can prepare yourself for your very expensive, relatively short appointment with him? There are many fellow patients here on Healthboards, "who have been there and done that", who might be able to give fairly decent interpretations of the seriousness of Holter results.

By law, at least in the U.S., the patient OWNS the test results and can ask for them at anytime.

Oh....... by the way, was the May 14th "expected" appointment this year or next?

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 04-28-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

Beerzoids you sound like you know a lot about heart stuff. What sorts of drinks, foods and allergens can irritate the heart? Obviously coffee and tea, but what else? I've had the skipped beats from time to time, too and they're very scary. Heart disease runs in my family so I'm pretty paranoid. I'm 38, and a cardiologist said i shouldn't worry about getting tests run until my bp/cholesterol levels rise - as long as I stay a healthy weight. but i would be interested to know about the drinks, foods and allergens. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
(male)

ttibsen HB User

I finally had my follow up session - to discuss the results of the Holter, ECG and the chest XR - with my physician. The XR was fine and the ECG was fine too. By the way, I’m not exactly sure what the ECG is supposed to show - can someone enlighten me?
The Holter however showed that I’m afflicted with arrythmias at both ends. Sometimes the heart beats too fast and at other times it misses a beat so that my heart rate is half of what it should be. With this information my physician told me - and it makes perfect sense - that what happened when I hit “the wall” on my power walk of two months ago was that I must have slipped into a 1 / 2 of normal heartbeat state and of course with that low rate, the Oxygen was not getting to the muscles.
I was then presented with 3 options -
do nothing
drug therapy
surgery
pacemaker
Quite naturally, I prefer the “do nothing” approach. Yes, I do have highly anxious periods when I’m pretty jittery and I assume that this must correspond to a quicker than usual beat. There are also times when I lie awake in bed in the middle of the night and I’m aware of the heart almost thudding slowly against my ribcage and this must be when I’m in the 1 / 2 of normal heartbeat mode. But for the most part, I’m carrying on as usual and most important, from my perspective, it doesn’t seem to have any impact on my love of physical activity - power walks and bike rides are not a problem. At a later time, I wouldn’t mind discussing some of the latter options but for the moment my big question is - am I doing any harm by leaving this arrythmia totally untreated? Yes, I am aware of the intervals when the heartbeat deviates from normal but it isn’t such a big deal for me to put up with.
My physician doesn’t want to make the choice for me but has referred me to an internist for a second opinion. That’s fine but it doesn’t change the fact that my preference remains the “do nothing” approach. I’m sure a lot of you have travelled down this road and have valuable insights to my dilemma. Please let me know what you think.

John

Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #15
(male)

ttibsen HB User

I see that my original posting is starting to slip away towards the bottom of the page and into obscurity which is disappointing. I had hoped to get an answer by now. Perhaps I was being too verbose in my last posting. All I want to know is -

is it harmful to leave an arrhythmia that only affects me sporadically (3 - 4 times in the course of a day) untreated?

Closed Thread