It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Suprised at cardio appoitment today

Well today was my yearly checkup with my primary cardio. He said that he does not feel my symptoms ( jaw pain, arm pain, SOB, fatigue and many more) are cardic related. He said my MVP is not showing on the most recent echo, my calcium scoring was 0, and my nuclear stress test from last year all showed my heart being in good shape so he doesnt feel i need to see him unless a problem comes up. He said my cholesterol is bad and needs to be taken care of but that my primary GP can handle that. I was so totally not expecting this at my appoitment. I told him about the pressure in my throat for the last few days, he said its probably acid reflux/gerd and gave me a script for some Nexium and to follow up with the problem with my GP. I have been seeing this cardio for about 5 years now and i just feel so let down, but my mom said its a good thing that he is confident i dont need to be wasting time with a cardio cause my heart is fine. I do go have blood work done Thursday and then see my GP in 2 weeks so i guess i will see how that goes and what he thinks. My throat problems this weekend seem to be better but i do have alot of burning and soreness in my throat. Does anyone take Nexium and if so does it help??

Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Re: Suprised at cardio appoitment today

Confused,

I have all the symptoms you have and was placed on Nexium for a month and it didn't help anything. My one arm still hurts once in awhile and I know what you are talking about burning and soreness in your thoat. Nothing seemed to help and finally I wrote it off as stress and anxiety related.
One good tip I did get though was to sit up right for 3 hours after eating to allow food to settle and not come back up your throat. I was used to eating and then laying on the couch watching TV afterward. Now, I sit up and have even been getting on the treadmill for 30 minutes and it seems to have gotten better.
I still get that annoying arm pain, but blood pressure never rises, so I don't worry. I have high blood pressure and was floored when they wrote me a prescription for a year after having my nuclear stress test last July.
I guess that is a good sign, but like you it makes me wonder sometimes...

Lyl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread