It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User
Upper left arm pain...Heart related?

Hi,

I posted this under general health and the person who responded suggested that it might be cardiac related so I wanted to run it by you guys...

For 2 days now I have had a shooting pain that comes and goes in my left upper inner arm. I can't pinpoint what brings it on, it just happens. Like I said, it's not consistent. Just off and on. My blood pressure in that arm is coming out the same as usual and the pulse oximeter is coming out as usual on that side.

What are the chances of it being some sort of cardiac problem? What else could it be do you think? When I do a search on the internet I only come up with arm pain in general and not much specifically on the upper and inner part. It doesn't go to my elbow or shoulder, it really just zaps the upper inside.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by fancis; 04-12-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Upper left arm pain...Heart related?

I started with left arm pain over a year ago. It ended up sending me to the ER cause i though it was cardic related. I have had every cardiac test done almost and my heart seems to be fine they say. They say the arm pain is not related. My pains just come and go they are in the upper part of my left arm and in my elbow at times also.I also have pain in my upper back. I am a waitress so i think maybe that is part of my problem. Talk with your doctor and let him know and see what he thinks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #3
(female)

Agorazombie HB User

I too have left arm pain on the upper inside and my doctor said it is not cardiac related. I'm pretty sure I tore my pectoral muscle years ago and the scar tissue must have grown and pressed on a nerve because I get the shooting pain in my arm but when I massage the part of my pectoral muscle that bothers me, the arm pain goes away.

There are a lot of nerves in your arm, a shoulder injury, torn muscle or a pinched nerve can cause pain. You should still see a doctor to rule it out but it could just be something minor.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

FLME,
I think in the absence of any chest discomfort that the arm pain is likely unrelated to your heart.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a primary care appointment on Monday and will bring it up then. I have a lot of back aches, rib aches and costochondritis so I lean towards thinking it's related to all that. On the other hand I do have some heart issues and hate to think that it could be related to that!

Thanks again!

Closed Thread