It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
(male)

cableboy HB User
Strong heartbeat awareness

When I sit still, I can feel each heart beat. I can even see my body move a little to each beat. My resting HR is about 65 and my average BP is 125/75. I've only been noticing this for the past couple months. I can still exercise just as much as before and I don't have skipped beats or any other symptoms.

I went to a cardiologist and he did an EKG, stress test, holter monitor, and echo. He found absolutely nothing wrong. He told that without pathological symptoms, there is a wide range of what is normal.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling. I can be still, reading a book, and literally see the book move to each heartbeat. It's just annoying more than anything, and has made me too aware of something that I never even thought of before.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

Agorazombie HB User
Re: Strong heartbeat awareness

You don't know how lucky you are to have a resting heart rate of 65, it's perfect. You have nothing to worry about, you have had all of the tests, you are probably just sensitive.

As long as you are feeling good, don't pay attention to it, you'll just cause yourself to have anxiety and believe me, you DON'T want to do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #3
(male)

gallipoli HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableboy View Post
When I sit still, I can feel each heart beat. I can even see my body move a little to each beat. My resting HR is about 65 and my average BP is 125/75. I've only been noticing this for the past couple months. I can still exercise just as much as before and I don't have skipped beats or any other symptoms.

I went to a cardiologist and he did an EKG, stress test, holter monitor, and echo. He found absolutely nothing wrong. He told that without pathological symptoms, there is a wide range of what is normal.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling. I can be still, reading a book, and literally see the book move to each heartbeat. It's just annoying more than anything, and has made me too aware of something that I never even thought of before.
I have exactly the same thing. Healthy pulse rate and BP, but the sensation of a strong heartbeat throughout my body. Do you see your stomach and neck pulsate with each beat too?

Anxiety can do a lot of strange things, and causes terrible over-awareness of your heartbeat.

Last edited by gallipoli; 04-15-2007 at 04:57 AM.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
(male)

cableboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallipoli View Post
Do you see your stomach and neck pulsate with each beat too?
No but I can see my hair move with each beat.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
(male)

bshake73 HB User

I have the exact same symptoms but every time i see the doctor they act as if its once in a while,but i keep telling them its constant.Iseem to not beable to get a straight answer and it can get very worrysome.I would appreciate for you to let me know if you find something out.Good luck with your problem.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
(male)

Frodoh HB User

Are you very thin?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
(female)

Post-It HB User

I have had this my entire life. If I lay down, I can actually see my stomach/chest area moving with each heartbeat. I always just figured I had a strong heartbeat (??). My resting rate is about 78, bp is 118/78. But I have had this my entire life and it has never bothered me. Interesting thing, when my doc was taking my blood pressure last week, he said he could barely heart my heart - which HE said was as sign of a healthy heart, meaning it wasn't having to work hard. Just ironic because I've always thought I've had a loud heartbeat. I just wonder if I have noticed it beacuse I'm just overly sensitive to things on my body.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
(male)

cableboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodoh View Post
Are you very thin?
I'm 6'2 and 175 pounds. Thin but not VERY thin. You can't see my ribs or anything.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
(male)

gallipoli HB User

My main worry is my pulsating neck. Even though the doctors think it's unremarkable, it still worries me. But then, my worries come from self-diagnosis on the internet, and that's never a great idea.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #10
(male)

crez13 HB User

I have exactly the same symptoms as you have described but no irregular patterns, however i havent gone to get the beat checked out, can this seriously just be a normal heartbeat, does my head in at night. Did they tell you any other information regarding the heartbeat?

Closed Thread