It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

cathybe HB User
Heamatoma after angiogram

Hi,

I had an angiogram a week ago today, I returned to work yesterday but leg and groin area caused me a lot of discomfort and found lump in groin. I have seen my gp this morning and says this is quite normal and has signed me off work for a week with a heamatoma to try to rest. My bruising is quite spectacular and it feels hot and swollen please has anyone else suffered with this after this procedure? no-one warned me it could be so painful an uncomfortable and although my gp tells me there is no danger from the heamatoma Im not totally convinced and still a bit scared any advice?

Many Thanks

Cathy

Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: Heamatoma after angiogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathybe View Post
Hi,

I had an angiogram a week ago today, I returned to work yesterday but leg and groin area caused me a lot of discomfort and found lump in groin. I have seen my gp this morning and says this is quite normal and has signed me off work for a week with a heamatoma to try to rest. My bruising is quite spectacular and it feels hot and swollen please has anyone else suffered with this after this procedure? no-one warned me it could be so painful an uncomfortable and although my gp tells me there is no danger from the heamatoma Im not totally convinced and still a bit scared any advice?

Many Thanks

Cathy
Cathy,

If you check back a little (a couple of weeks or so), you'll find my posting about hematoma after an angiogram.
I am still healing. I had mine done on March 28th. Rather than having a pea sized lump in the groin afterwards, mine grew to about a golf ball size and was extremely painful, with pain shooting down my very bruised thigh and up toward my right hip.
Since I'd had my first angiogram done exactly 3 months prior, I knew what NOT to expect, and this certainly qualified. I ended up contacting the hospital and was told I had to be seen by a doctor on that same day.
As a result of that, an abdominal wall ultrasound was requested and performed a few days later. The test results showed that there were some nodules and several small lymph glands there, suggestive of edema in soft tissues. Nothing serious. I had the swelling my second time around. I did not have any with my first one and it healed without any problem.

Though it can be quite dangerous, it is an excellent diagnostic test and is widely used. They numb the area before the procedure, as you know, so there should not be much pain. An angiogram is an invasive and expensive test, so perhaps not done as often as it should be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread