It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
(male)

plavixman HB User
My feet are so sore, is it the meds.

I have this issue with the bottom of my feet, they are so sore it feels like I have burised them. It may go away for a couple of days but comes right back. I tried everything including changing shoes about 3 or 4 times, go without shoes everything I can think of. Seems like its worst when I stay off of them for a while. In the morning they are always bad.
I take a lot of meds including, Coreg 25mg per day, Caduet 5/80mg., Lisinopril 50 mg., Plavix 75mg., Aspirin and Furosemide 80mg.
I do have Gout, but I don't think this is gout.
Anyone ever heard of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: My feet are so sore, is it the meds.

p'man,

I am having the same kinds of issues. In the past any old cheap shoe was fine and now I have to be picky becasue many hurt. Even my current pair of New Balance cause me a "bunion" problem. I too am worried whether it is my gout. Last uric acid test was a risky 6.2 because I am keeping my allopurinol at 200 mg. and even 100 mg, Even yesterday I took a single colchicine and it might have helped. If I have to take my alloprinol back up to 300 mg. I will, but I'm resisting it.

I read an article last week that talked about how as we age the flesh on the bottoms of our feet become thinner and thinner and when we lose that pattern any discrepancies in our feet begin to cause pain.

If it got an ACUTE attack I'd know very well what it was but its a subtle pain that comes on only with long walking or exensive elliptical work...I SHOULD toss 2 pairs of nice shoes that might be suspect but one is a pricey pair of Sperry Topsiiders that cost a bundle but feel like there's a small PEA under the ball of my right foot...that pea begins to ache like HELL after a long walk...even with gel inserts.

Don't dismiss your KNOWN gout...the old medical adage comes into play: "If you hear hoofbeats, don't look for ZEBRAS." (I LOVE that phrase! )

Do you have any visible tophi (nodules?)

Last edited by Lenin; 05-27-2007 at 06:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread