It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

andreanna HB User
Unhappy Cardiac MRI

Well after waiting for what seems like forever (actually a month) I am finally getting my cardiac MRI.

I have SVT or AV nodal re-entrant tachycardia. I have seen it listed as both but the later ( AV nodal....) was what was listed on the findings after my EP study and failed ablation. During the EP study it was found that I have abnormal heart anatomy. MY two main arteries from the groin do not come together as one in the mid section, and enter the heart. The stay separate and enter in two very different spots. I was also told my Kochs triangle is highly abnormal and enlarged as well as my SA node or AV node I forget all this medical crap after I think about it too much. Also told I have persistent left sided inferior vena cava. Left atrial enlargement and possible right ventricular conduction delay. I do suffer from daily spells of very ow blood pressure and bradycardia as well, much of that medicine related I am guessing though.

I know that was a lot to swallow sorry for all that info at once. Medicine is nto working for me I am on short term disability due to synoscope if I do much more than lay around all day. I need to work we are broke. My short term disability is only 25% of my pay YIKES!!! And thats before taxes. After my Cardiac MRI we will discuss the possibility of a further ablation or what else? Who know. I sleep at least 3/4 of the day away and cant help it. I pass out from low pulse and blood pressure at least once a week. What can I do?

Has anyone been through a cardiac MRI? What exactly will they be able to tell me? Can they rule out heart failure? If they get a clear map can I feel safe with another ablation? The reason the first failed was the abnormal anatomy and they couldn't guide the catheters the proper way for fear of damage to SA node and possible heart block so ablation was nto fully performed and EP study was not fully performed either.

OK long enough LOL. Can you tell Im worried ? I have the MRI on Wednesday I hope to get a few responses by then to at least calm my fear. Im scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Cardiac MRI

I've never had an MRI but I know that variants of it can rule out (or rule in) heart failure even at an early stage. MAybe a good MRI anaysis will show the doctors where to go to get you a successful ablation?

Are you taking any drugs that might be keeping you asleep most of each day? High dose beta-blockade would help explain exhaustion, syncope, and breadycardia.

Gosh, so you have 2 separate aortae...that's a different curve! Did they first find that out when they tried to angiogram you? It must have come as quite a shock to the doctor.

I think a cardiac MRI is little more than lying still in a confined tube, likely to be a problem only with clautrophobes (the thought of it gives me a cold sweat! )

Old 05-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

charity2 HB User
Re: Cardiac MRI

Hi, I had a cardiac MRI about a year ago. It was a completely painless but rather uncomfortable experience. They roll you into a tube which can be a bit clausterphobic. But if you close your eyes and pretend you are somewhere else it is no problem. Sometimes there is a lot of banging noise which surprisied me but was not a big deal. At one point they inject something that tingles but does not hurt. The most difficult part for me was that they keep asking you to hold your breath. Actually it would be easier if it was that simple. They tell you to take a deep breath and then slowly let it out. When you have almost completely exhaled they tell you to hold it. It seemed like forever before the tech said "breathe normal". This had to be repeated many many times. However, I think I had to hold my breath longer than most people because I have bradycardia (about 48 bmp). Try to relax and you will do just fine.

Closed Thread