It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

leschiz HB User
VT and fainting

Hi!

First off, im 19.. in college.. and an athlete. I work out 6-7 times a week doing cardio and weights and I do yoga at least once a week. Im pretty sure I have ventricular tachacardia, it's been proposed by many doctors but they haven't stuck with one diagnoses quite yet. I get the.. 'it's all in your head' a lot of the time. Or... we just can't see anything wrong. Both of my parents are doctors as well and they've hooked me up to heart monitors and my episodes have readings of up to almost 200bpm. Mostly my episodes are about 150-175bpm. My resting heart rate is about 50.

Anyways.. I've posted here before. But recently I've been fainting more and more often. It's always when I stand up but maybe not for a few mins afterwards. Last night I was at a party with some of my friends and I stood up and passed out. I was caught in the air before I fell but I scared everyone more than half to death!! This is the second time in the past month and it seems to be happining more often?? Not sure what to do??

Thanks
Heather

Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
(female)

andreanna HB User
Re: VT and fainting

You sound very similar to me. Although I used to have a resting heart rate of 90-100. Being that your athletic though a resting heart rate of 50 isnt tooo bad but still a bit low for the norm. I now have a resting heart rate from the high 50's to low 60's and very low blood pressure 80/60. I have SVT and respond very poorly to meds as the drop my numbers way to low. I have one EP study and the ablation was a failure as they had trouble maneuvering around casue I unfortunately ( unknown before EP study) have odd anatomy in my heart. But it took months to get a DR to take me seriously about my SVT but finally it was caught by ambulance EKG and they saw it with their own eyes.

I faint a lot as well. It can be from the blood pressure. Do you know yours? For now until you get a DR to shape up with diagnosing you always get up slow and extra cold water will bring your blood pressure up a bit too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: VT and fainting

Why makes you/them suspect ventricular tachycardia as opposed to other forms of tachycardia? Have you worn a 30 day event monitor? What other tests have you had?

Last edited by Timber; 06-04-2007 at 05:51 AM.

Closed Thread