It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User
Red face heart attack

well finally happened...had a minor heart attack! happened 2 nights ago ended up callin an ambulance yesterday cause i felt faint, had bp of 100/50 and heart rate of 30. They gave me an injection when the second ambulance showed up and when i got to hospital had a drip with pottasium and somethin else can't remember. Fellin ok now but probably wont be able to get my gyno surgery done now ah well at least now i know what a heart attack is like hopefully no more stress for me for a while or it will happen again

Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: heart attack

suz,

I am SO sorry that you had that heart attack and of course, your other surgeries (gyno) must wait til you fully recover, although with your heart failure, full-recovery has limited meaning..
On your VERY FIRST post a couple months back I mentioned the possibility of a heart transplant down the road. I think it might be tiime to start exploring the possibility for the not-so-distant future
I know, as scary as can be...but broach the subject with your cardiologist and see what he says.

Maybe KK will weigh in on your condition: he's been dealing with heart failure isssues for quite a while and maintaining well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
(male)

Bob310 HB User

Hi there I'm new to this forum,I had a heart attack last wednesday,and was amazed at the speed at which everything happened, I rang the ambulance at 12.40pm, arrived at the hospital emergency at 1.13pm, had an angioplasty (stent) ans was wheeled into intensive care ward at 1.55pm, I had a 99% blockage in an artery, so here I sit for the next four weeks until I can go back to work or driving!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Bob,
Was it your RCA (right coronary artery?)

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
(male)

Roscoe36 HB User

Suz,

I am sorry to hear of your heart attack and wish you a speedy recovery. I am glad that it seems as though you got proper medical attention quickly.

You said that now you know what a heart attack feels like. Could you describe it?

Ross

Old 06-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

What a bummer. Sending you a big hug. Take care of yourself, ok?

Helen

Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

wow that's a few replies ok firstly lenin yeah it was rca i think i felt the pain under my right rib apparently it was displaced pain!
Wow 4 weeks Bob man that must be hard i don't work or drive but i have 3 young one's and that's work to me hee hee
Ross it felt like someone punched me from the inside it was only minor so i have no idea how bad it could've been...they did say next time i might not be so lucky.
Thanks Helen big hugs back
Oh Lenin i have discussed transplant....he says we have to get the meds stable first then maybe a respirator or somethin like that and will have to make trips to my closest capital city soon cause they don't have the resources here..He said the final outcome will be transplant! scared bout that
and i can go ahead with surgery as long as im ok on the day have to go in half an hour earlier to check me out then have to stay overnight
Thank you all 4 your concern

Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

suz what caused your heart attack? was it a blockage? i feel for you with recovery and three little ones! Hope you've got lots of support and help from people around you. all the best.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

stress caused it and the fact they increased the dilatrend. The heart doc took my bp yesterday and it does drop when i stand up.....have got a few support groups going but no family my Mum cares only about herself and my sister that's it!
I dunno what to do about this surgery, i've been approved for a transfer into town and am thinkin maybe i should put it off. the doc said i could do it but my gyno said it can wait a few months. She doesn't think the growth will get any worse and as for the pain i can tolerate it and i can use the pill instead of gettin my tubes tied!
Just thinkin it would be easier if i was closer to the hospital, but i would have to cancel the respite for the boys and screw the docs around a bit...i just don't know

Old 06-21-2007, 04:23 AM   #10
(male)

Bob310 HB User

Yes it was my RCA, and it needed two stents

Old 06-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

what is a stent?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
(female)

MyOMy HB User

A stent is a piece of metal, either drug coated or plain steel, used to prop open an artery with a blockage.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

oh ok i onlt had a catheter in end they injected me with adrenalin..maybe mine was really minor

Old 06-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #14
(female)

MyOMy HB User

chances are that you do not have any other significant blockages. When my hubby had his first slight heart attack, he had no other blockages, so he did not require a stent or other intervention. That was in May, 2003, at the age of 45. He had another slight attack this past February, and a stent was put in the blocked artery. He has a plain steel stent versus a drug eluding one. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

Thanks!!!!
I'm only 27 so lets hope i don't ever get another one

Closed Thread