It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

tiredofbeingsic HB User
Question when i take a deep breathe my heart feels like its skipping beats

does anyone have had where when you breathe in your heart feels like its skipping beats. mine is doing this and it feels weird.its feels like my heart is going to jump right out of my chest. please if anyone evere had this before.tell me what it could be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: when i take a deep breathe my heart feels like its skipping beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofbeingsic View Post
does anyone have had where when you breathe in your heart feels like its skipping beats. mine is doing this and it feels weird.its feels like my heart is going to jump right out of my chest. please if anyone evere had this before.tell me what it could be
Sounds like hyperventilation to me. When you overbreathe, you lower your level of carbon dioxide in the lungs and this causes rapid pulse, anxiety and feeling of suffocation. Try breathing in and out into your cupped hands (breathing back your expelled air) for a minute or so when this happens, and you may find that it will settle dramatically. Another way is to dip your face in cold water. I have used both these methods successfully. Go to the doctor and get tests to rule out any serious stuff tho.

Last edited by Seraph; 07-11-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User
Re: when i take a deep breathe my heart feels like its skipping beats

I get PVC's sometimes when I try to take a deep breath in. Annoying, yes, but shouldn't be harmful.

Closed Thread