Thanks so much to both of you guys
You keep hitting the nail on the head...
In the mail yesterday, I received all of my past cardiology records dating back to 1993. Whew, I had forgot how long I have been seeing these doctors. The Cleveland Clinic, back a couple of months ago, lost all of my personal medical records. This is why I ordered all of my records from my cardiology group.
In addition to all of the records, I received the actual results and the doctor's interpretation of an echocardiogram I had performed about 3 weeks ago. Shocked and amazed I wasn't, due to knowing my LVEDP pressure. My Left Atrium is enlarged. 5 of the 6 other echo measurements are very close to the abnormal range.
I have went through these records and am amazed at the abnormalities that were never reported to me, but of course they were sent to my PCP.
Overall, I think that I have had poor revascularization of blood flow to my heart muscle, due to my anatomy and less than a proactive approach (too conservative) to my treatment of CAD.
Time and time again I see where a report has mentioned hypokinesis of my inferior and mid-anterior wall. I discovered another coronary anomaly that I had no idea of; a tiny subtotal high OM1. I need to look this up, but my cardio told my PCP that this is why I was having chest pain and nothing could be done because this artery could not be stented. Gee, I wish someone had of told me....
I also got the "raw" results of my 64 slice CT coronary artery scan that I had in September of 2006. Wow, for those of you that do not already know this, they check all of the major organs, lungs and chest for any abnormalities, in addition to the coronary arteries and chamber functions of the heart.
I have a few lung nodules noted and "evidence of past granulomatous infection". I also have "scattered calcified hilar nodes and mediastinal nodes". No clue here...Should another doctor have been told?
Sorry for the OT stuff and sour attitude. Sometimes I don't understand why things work like they do, in the world of medicine.
Lately I have been busy writing to a cardiologist and surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic. I have been desperately listing reasons why my MID-CAB surgery should be expedited.
I have to go for an evaluation (cath) before I can find out if I am sick enough to have it. I have all kinds of reports stating how diseased (also still blocked 35%-40% and un-stentable) my LAD is, and how it can never be stented again. (4 stents already)
How long can you wait to have a massive heart attack, when you have extremely high cholesterol, cannot tolerate statins and are just plain chicken?
Thanks for the vent. I feel better already
Lenin and Keith, thanks so much for the research and reply. Maybe I can return the favor.
Y'all keep smiling