It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

jody31 HB User
Mitral Valve Disorder w/hypotension

I was just denied medical insurance because I have mitral valve disoder w/hypotension (low blood pressure). I was not aware of this.

Here is some background info:
About two years ago I was having heart palpitations, dizziness, etc. etc. My doctor order many tests (echocardiogram, Holter Monitor, blood panel, etc.) and he said, "the test showed occasional rapid heart beats, but said that everything looked fine. I was led to believe that the test showed my heart to be healthy.

When I received the denial for insurance letter because of mitral valve disorder w/hypotension I was shocked. I just got off the phone with my doctor's office and the nurse stated, "the doctor's notes say that you have been diagnosed with mitral valve disorder w/hypotension."

My question: Why wouldn't the doctor tell me that I have this disorder? Is it because he does not feel that it is important? I've did some research on mitral valve disorders and it has left me feeling very concerned. I plan on seeing a different doctor to be re-evaluated, but until then I am left with a lot of questions. What should I do? I am only 31 - so this is really freaking me out. Any answers will be much appreciated. TIA

ttc naturally for 6 mths

IUI #1 without med's - June 21st - BFN
IUI #2 without med's - July 18st - 2ww

Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: Mitral Valve Disorder w/hypotension

Could just be Mitral Prolapse. If so, nothing to worry about as it is seldom serous. However, I don't understand why they would tell the insurance company and neglect to mention it to you. I would get another opinion!
Mileena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
(female)

jody31 HB User

You are right. The doctor called me back today and told me that I have a mild case of mitral valve prolapse and that I have nothing to worry about. He told me I should have my heart checked every 3 years to make sure it does not get any worse.

I am still planning on seeing a different doctor as soon as I get some insurance.

ttc naturally for 6 mths

IUI #1 without med's - June 21st - BFN
IUI #2 without med's - July 18st - 2ww

Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User

Contact your insurance company! If they denied everyone who had MVP coverage, at least a quarter of the population wouldnt be insured!
Mileena

Closed Thread