It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
anyone with fast heart rate?

I been having fast heart rate sometimes a skip or so aslo.I was wondering has anyone been through this? how fast does your go? and how long do you wait before going to the ER? also are you on meds? what kind? and what is your heart problem?it makes me very upset when it does this for no reason or after i eat.how fast is to fast?
does it give you fear when it comes on?
I guess im worried it will be so fast it will stop or something terrible.
any replies would be so helpful.I had some test done.ultra sound of the heart and a holiter montior and i think they are going to run the montior again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User
Re: anyone with fast heart rate?

hope, see your other threads, many have posted on those. My resting heart rate is often 100-140. My heart rate easily goes to 180-200 everyday. I have had this for a couple years and I havent died yet. It is scary when you get this, but a fast heart rate is 99% of the time benign, meaning its not hurting you. If you get to the point where you have hour after hour of a fast heart rate or your fainting, then go to the er. But I have learned that if I just sit down and take some relaxing breaths it will stop on its own. Getting upset and freaking out about it, will only make it worse. Like I said, check your other threads or scan back a few pages, there are numerous threads on tachycardia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I have a fast heart rate as well. My resting is pulse is anywhere from 80-120. On the holter monitor I wore one day, it went as high as 285, but I did have a PAC at that time. And all I remember doing is laying down when it happened. Haven't went to the ER yet because of it. Doctor said it's nothing to worry about.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divation View Post
I have a fast heart rate as well. My resting is pulse is anywhere from 80-120. On the holter monitor I wore one day, it went as high as 285, but I did have a PAC at that time. And all I remember doing is laying down when it happened. Haven't went to the ER yet because of it. Doctor said it's nothing to worry about.
that is odd that fast and nothing to worry about?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

lol..I'm sorry. I meant 218. I thought that was a little high myself..Heh..

Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divation View Post
lol..I'm sorry. I meant 218. I thought that was a little high myself..Heh..
WOW
THAT IS STILL WAY TO HIGH.HOW LONG DID THAT LAST?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
(female)

itsmebeck HB User

I have a normally high heart rate, along with very frequent PVCs and blood pressure that's on the high end of normal. The doctor said it was really nothing to worry about but since I also suffer from very frequent migraines and chronic daily headaches she decided to put me on a med that's usually prescribed for high blood pressure. She said it'll help prevent my migraines and also help lower my heart rate, prevent the PVCs a bit, and lower my blood pressure. (The med is Atenolol.) I've been on the med for about 2 months now, my heart rate went from about 120ish to about 80ish, the PVCs have gotten a little less frequent, but not by much and my migraines are significantly reduced! Not sure what it's done to my blood pressure though.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

hope, mine started after a case of mono. Was pretty sick with it. Your heart has a node, called SA node, which is where beats are originated from. In my heart I also have an area that is right next to my SA node that also originates beats so I get double to heart rate. I refer to them as my dualing banjos. Its a severe pain in the rear but it is very benign. I am at risk of developing cardiomyopathy down the road, but some people never develop this and those that do dont develop it after a very long period of time (like 5-10 years). Its annoying and does restrict me quite heavily but is completely safe (yes safe even with periods of heart rate in the upper 100's). Hang in there, and really if you have anxiety, get it treated, it will do wonders for your heart rate.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesprings2 View Post
o thanks so much i guess i forgot them.why does yours do this?
what meds do you take?
and thanks so much for replying
does your speed up when you eat? do you have high blood preasure also? i dont

Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

No i dont have high blood pressure. And it is a very normal reaction to have your heart rate speed up after you eat. See you digestive tract requires extra blood when it gets food in it, so your heart beats faster to make sure everywhere else gets enough blood as well. My heart rate does speed up and slow down all the time. One minute it will be 70 and then next 140. And no your heart wont speed up so fast it stops.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

hope.. heart beats can show in different spots on different people depending on their body type. When my heart races I dont need to feel my pulse because I have such bad palpitations I can feel it all over and yes its very strong. I am on Toprol and Flecainide. I have tried sotalol, rythmol, cardiozem, metoprolol. This was the best combination I found. GOod luck hun

Closed Thread