It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User
Unhappy worried

Well finally got some tests done last month but not really good news. Spent 4 days in hospital gettin all sorts of tests the only results they told me was that my ejection fractions were 38% and that my left ventricular dysfunction is actually called mitral valve regurgatation they said it is stable atm but they don't know if it will stay the same or get worse i thought they were actually gonna try and improve me but they didn't im still exhausted all the time still can't walk much and still can't stand in the shower. I now have a shower chair which at 27yo makes me feel like a 60yo i am on a fluid restriction of 1.5L which is hard cause i love coffees and water and soup oh and have a sodium restriction of 1600 as well. Anyways i was just wonderin is there any hope of me gettin better? or will i just slowly get worse till it's bad enough for a transplant?
Oh also goin in 4 a LEEP on Monday and they are keepin me overnight cause of the anaesthetic why is that? can it make the heart thing worse or somethin? all they told me was that i needed to be kept under observation but 4 what?????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: worried

Hi Suz, I just wanted to tell you that my daughter and my neice both have had similar procedures (conizations) and they both did well. I am assuming they just want to watch you as this procedure although hailed as more effective and efficient than older procedures is more involved as it is a laser type procedure. I found a wonderful site that gives great detail about it:

[url]http://www.*****.com/cancer/Cervical-Cancer/Loop-electrosurgical-excision-procedure-LEEP-for-abnormal-cervical-cell-changes[/url]

I would rather a doctor be more concerned about my general well being than to send me home too early. I also wanted to let you know my daughter also has Mitral Valve Prolapse and her doctor only let her have it in his office as she had a father that was an EMT who could watch her at home. Handy thing to have in the family when these things come up. I hope you have as good an experience as is possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suz79 HB User

Well it's not the first time i had a growth burnt off in 2004 but was allowed to go home that afternoon now my heart is worse and they wont let me go home until the morning. Im scared the results will be bad cause it's rare for it to come back only 4% get it after it's burnt off which is what they did last time so what if it's already cancer they don't know and my gyno wouldn't tell me either until she knew for sure cause she knows how much i stress well im still stressin im basically just going thru the motions badly depressed and scared and worried i guess it's just a see what happens but boy is the wait killin me

Old 09-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
(female)

5han HB User

Hi! I'm 20 years old and I have premature ventricular contractions, and when I got a procedure done where I was getting anesthetics (it didn't have to do with my heart) they wanted to keep me for a while after the procedure as well. So, there is clearly more of a concern for people with heart abnormalities when they have anesthetics in their system. It can probably throw something off but it's just a safety precaution. If it was REALLY risky they'd say so. They don't want to risk something that rarely goes wrong, going wrong in your home, so they want to keep you just in case something were to happen so that you can have the proper care. I've had anesthetics a few times and all times the doctors were concerned, however everything turned out fine.
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. That is something that would really distress me as well. I tend to obsess and worry a lot... but I find the best thing to do is to occupy your mind with something else. Learn to just let yourself relax, as hard as it is because its made your life so limited at this point. Watch a lighthearted movie or take a bath or read a book or paint something or visit with someone. Just do things to keep your mind off this horrible thing. Worrying will really stress your body out and make you feel worse. If you read past posts of mine--- you'll start to see that I became incresingly hypochondriacly worried that I was very sick... I couldnt eat, couldnt sleep, felt, weak tired and dizzy... well whatta you know as soon as I forced myself to stop thinking about all these symptoms and thinking I was sick... they went away. Now I'm constantly eating and sleeping well and energized and I don't feel lightheaded anymore. Your mind has alot more to do with your health than you think, so don't let your mind go out of your control as well. Letting yourself relax and realizing worrying won't change anything will make you feel so much better. I hope you are ok and wish you the best of luck for your procedures and the future of your condition. Take care!

Closed Thread