It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

jvogtmann HB User
Stress test showing previous heart attact

Hello,

Any comments would be appreciated.

3 years ago I went in to have some test done because I was going to be a stem cell donor, part of the test was an EKG- at the time I was 39 and failed. I was informed that I had a Left Bundle Branch Block - scare the hell out of me- I went to a cardio doctor he did a echo and said everthing looked good and release me to contiune with the stem cell process. When I was 41 may dad went in and had a stent put in he was 62, so being the worrier that I am i had a stress test done, I had the one with the radioactive dye put in picture were taken before and after walking on the treadmill. Nurse called her exact words were your test was O.K. Was feeling good about my self walking 3-5 days a week. We moved and went to a new GP and he said it would be good to have a stress on hand to compare to in the future. Tests come back showing damage to the heart from a previous heart attack.

How in the heck can I not know i had a heart attack some time between these two test, they cant be more that 2 years apart.

E/F is currently at 68
Blood pressure usally 117/74
Total cholestrol 194
Blood sugar is good, my mom has diabetes developed after the age of 60 controled by good eating.

OK i am about 50 pounds overweight and under alot of stress.

WOuld have been nice to know i was having the attack so i could have done something before it damaged my heart muscle.

Has any one found out after the fact that they had an heart attack

Jenette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

tomah HB User
Re: Stress test showing previous heart attact

Your EF is very good - so I am assuming you have minimal heart damage, if any. I had a 64 slice CT coronary angiogram. The test revealed that I had a 100% blockage of my right coronary artery - but I have good collaterols. I don't know if I had a heart attack, or if the blockages occured over a long period of time, therefore my heart repaired itself.

I hope someone can come on and give you better answers! Good luck.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvogtmann View Post
Hello,

Any comments would be appreciated.

3 years ago I went in to have some test done because I was going to be a stem cell donor, part of the test was an EKG- at the time I was 39 and failed. I was informed that I had a Left Bundle Branch Block - scare the hell out of me- I went to a cardio doctor he did a echo and said everthing looked good and release me to contiune with the stem cell process. When I was 41 may dad went in and had a stent put in he was 62, so being the worrier that I am i had a stress test done, I had the one with the radioactive dye put in picture were taken before and after walking on the treadmill. Nurse called her exact words were your test was O.K. Was feeling good about my self walking 3-5 days a week. We moved and went to a new GP and he said it would be good to have a stress on hand to compare to in the future. Tests come back showing damage to the heart from a previous heart attack.

How in the heck can I not know i had a heart attack some time between these two test, they cant be more that 2 years apart.

E/F is currently at 68
Blood pressure usally 117/74
Total cholestrol 194
Blood sugar is good, my mom has diabetes developed after the age of 60 controled by good eating.

OK i am about 50 pounds overweight and under alot of stress.

WOuld have been nice to know i was having the attack so i could have done something before it damaged my heart muscle.

Has any one found out after the fact that they had an heart attack

Jenette
Hi Jenette,

I learned I had had a heart attack after going to ER with pulmonary edema caused by left ventricle muscle damage. My condition was ischemic (lack of blood flow to the heart) due to blocked arteries. Usually that condition causes angina (pain), but my situation gave no warning and medically referred to as "silent ischemia" and silent MI with an EF below 29%. No symptoms is common for diabetics, but I don't have diabetes. Under this condition, etc. the process of blocked vessels is a relatively slow process, but I developed collateral (natural bypass) vessels to may totally occluded LAD. Some help, but obviously not enough.

An echo should show any heart muscle damage. And your EF would be much lower. The stress test should show any problem due to blockage.

The LBBB can cause an irregular, fast, slow heart rate. Only an EKG as well as EKG tracing during a stress test can dx that condition. There is a very slight possiblity LBBB can cause a clot and a clot can cause a stroke an vessel blockage that damages the heart muscle.

Your normal EF does not indicate any previous heart attack! With my original echo, the tech showed me on the monitor some muscle impairment at the distal part of the heart. Damaged heart muscle does not contract adequately and blood output as measured by the EF is not sufficient without medication to strengthen contractions and lessen the heart's workload..

Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

jvogtmann HB User

Thanks for the replies.

I go in for a cath on tuesdays I will let you know what it says.

Jenette

Closed Thread