It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

nikkimez17 HB User
23 yr. old female with chest pain.. help !!

Hi, Im a 23 yr. old female who recently has been having chest pain. The pain is sharp usually in the middle of my chest near my left breast bone. I have been experiencing some acid reflux lately (burning between my shoulder blades, regurgitation when burping, burning sensation in the chest, etc.) these pains are very quick, like a pinching almost and usually only last for a few seconds, but can come on at random times during the day. sometimes I will get pains else where, but all are always on the left side. It scares the heck out of me.. 2 years ago I was in the ER for a rapid heart beat/panic attack. I went to a cardiologist who gave me a stress test, blood test, echo, etc. everything came back normal.. and I was put on atenolol to help control the "panic attacks" and also was put on effexor which the cardiologist said was a good drug for what I was experiencing at the time. for the next two years I saw the cardiologist on a regular basis for check ups etc. now, im having these episodes, and im scared. it usually seems to occur more tward the end of the day, I walk three miles a day, pretty vigorously and I experience no pain during my exercise. I also have no history of heart problems in my family.. Ive had all the tests done.. so what is this? is it anxiety ( I have been really stressed out lately.. ) is it GERD? Is it muscular? the more I think about it the worse it gets.. also, when these pains occur, my heart rate is normal.. in fact its been the best its ever been.. before when I was struggling with the anxiety my resting HR was near 100.. now its in the 70s high 60's.. anyone who has any answers or ideas please relay.. it would be much appreciated as my anxiey level has increased like 1000% (and I am no longer taking the effexor as of two months ago)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Re: 23 yr. old female with chest pain.. help !!

Its almost definitely a combo of anxiety and your reflux issue..reflux pains will also be felt on the left side of your chest. You may even have a heital hernia or some other gastric issue that is contributing to this chest pain. As long as you echo's and stress tests come back fine the chances of it being your heart are slim. Anxiety is a killer , trust me I know. I was just put on buspar and it has helped take that edge off of me. I was constantly in pain in my chest area..that has subsided though I do have some real issues. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Closed Thread