It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
(male)

jwmark85 HB User
Popping Sensation in my chest

Last thursday i was sitting at my computer and i began to have very intense chest pains that soon spread to the left side of my neck were it meets my shoulder then down my left arm. I went straight to the doctor and had an EKG done because it was what felt like a heart attack or stroke. The doc told me my ekg was abnormal and i soon rode the ambulance to a hospital nearby. He also said i was having attacki cardia, im not sure on the spelling lol. The more i would move around the more my shoulder and chest would hurt. I sat in the hospital all day for them to tell me my ekg wasnt all that abnormal and that my blood work and test results said i was healthy and sent me home. Now it is monday and my chest still dose not feel normal. Every once in a while i get this distracting and loud popping sensation near or in my heart. It mainly happens when breathing in. The sound isnt the normal lubb-dubb of my heart, it sound more like when your stomach makes a bubbly noise. If you could imagine your heart passing a little bubble that makes your heart burp on its way out, that would be similar to what i feel. My heart dose not get off rythym though, it just keeps beating loud for maybe 4 or 5 beats then back to normal. Some times i feel it just for one beat. This happens more then daily and makes me very concerned. Each day it happens a little less but its tsill enough to concern me. My chest just dosn't feel back to 100% yet.

I am 21, healthy, and active. I have a normal heart beat and blood pressure. There were no signs of the protein that your heart releases under trauma in my blood. I tried to exercise today. I tried jogging a mile. Not long after starting my jog my lower left portion of my back started to cramp up pretty bad but it was bearable after a little stretching and a little massage. I was able to complete the mile with out too much effort even though i did have to stop and walk maybe about 100 yards.

This spell happened maybe 15 minutes after smoking certain green little plant through a plastic bong. When i got back from the hospital i dismantled the bong and noticed the down stem was melted just a little bit. So i am thinking i may have inhaled some plastic fumes that induced the spell. But after being sent out of the hospital saying im healthy i dont know what to do now. Do i just wait and pray it goes away or is it some thing serious? I have stopped smoking and increased my potassium in my diet. I now have a new desire to live healthier but i am still very concerned for my heart and or lung on my left side.

Last edited by jwmark85; 10-09-2007 at 12:11 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jwmark85 For This Useful Post:
fjones80 (12-04-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

mab24 HB User
Re: Popping Sensation in my chest

I would advice you to continue with your tests. See a gastro since it may have to do with heart burn, acid reflux or anything of that sort.

Smoking stuff can really get you feeling weird and from a little scarry pain can come a full panic attack which is not fun. It really makes you feel like you are going to have a heart attack or drop dead. An it's your mind playing tricks on you. Trust me a panic attack escalates to that point. One symptom after another. Your blood pressure goes up, you have shortness of breath, you feel all sorts of symptoms that really are scarry. Please stop smoking whatever you are smoking, because I'm sure a panic attack is made 50 times worse if you are high. You may want to have your doctor prescribe an anti anxiety med if everything else has been ruled out. Stress goes hand in hand with all this too.

Take care.

MAB

Old 10-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

the popping and pain in the heart region sounds like trapped wind. If u take a big breath in does it pop and ease a bit?

Do carry on getting this seen to though. Good luck

Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
(female)

JUNESPEARL HB User

this has happened to me before, off and on, but i was very young and have never used any drugs (never smoked anything, in fact i've probably taken a few antibiotics in my entire life-not even aspirin or anything else for headaches) i asked the doctor and they just said it was childrens heartburn. but who knows..

Old 12-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
(male)

rockscrambler HB User

To jwmark85:

I was amazed when I read your post, because I have exactly the same condition you do. A popping noise around my heart that feels like a bubble in the stomach. My cardiologist said my heart was fine, but this problem really bothers me. I have intermittent back pain to go along with it, and shortness of breath in my left lung.

There are so many unexplained conditions in the body, and, unfortunately most doctors don't take many of these situations seriously, unless there is a known disease they can attribute it to. They are not good at investigating unknown problems. It ticks me off.

Let me know if you got this post, and how you are doing. Best of luck.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
(female)

Whovian79 HB User

I just had a look on ***** for answers to the popping feeling I have in my chest currently. I found nothing so I decided to search "popping feeling in my chest near heart" and I found this board. It seems that what I feel is exactly what everyone has described.
Its a very strange feeling and can only be described as bubbles popping around my heart. I figure it isn't life threatening however rather scary. I would really like to know if anyone finds out the cause of this feeling. I plan on asking a PA friend of mine about it when we next speak. If I get any helpful information from her I'll be sure to post it.
Until then I think the best thing is not to panic as that will only confuse the situation. Easier said then done especially for me but to anyone who may be reading this while experiencing it try some slow deep breathing. I have noticed that the popping only lasted for about 20 minutes and started after I had something hot to eat. Maybe it could be a reflux thing.
Good luck to all!

The Following User Says Thank You to Whovian79 For This Useful Post:
kyna (10-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

TRAPPED WIND !!!!!

Closed Thread