It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User
sharp chest pains

just had an echo and stress test done this month. dr sd everythings ok "but" i keep getting quick sharp chest pains on my left side of my chest that lasts no longer than 2 seconds but there painful and scary. i read an article in my local newspaper that if its just a quick sharp pain its prob not your heart, i do remeber getting these 2 yrs ago also. anyone else get this or know more about it?

Old 11-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
(male)

sico HB User
Re: sharp chest pains

Yes, under my left breast. Lasts from 10s to 3mins. This has nothing to do with the heart as my cardio told me. Had this for many years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

HI, I just decided to check this board because I have something similar that's happened to me every so often over many years. I just had it happen last night while laying in bed watching tv. All of a sudden I get a very sharp (ice-pick like) pain that is very localized over what seems my heart area. Its located about 2 inches to the left of my sternum. And while this pain happens, it hurts even more while trying to breath in too much or trying to move. It comes in waves and all together lasts anywhere from 10 seconds to 1/2 hour. Last night it lasted about 10 seconds and hasnt come back.

THis started many yrs ago..I went to the ER once for severe pain under the right rib which I thought were gallstones. Well, they checked all sorts of things, and the ER doc asked me if I ever got sharp stabbing pains in my chest & I said yes. Then he told me I had MVP (mitral valve prolapse) and said that was most likely causes my episodes. Come to back to last year..I had to have spine surgery & at my pre-op testing/interview, I told them about this, so I had a test done to check my heart rate & beats (I think it was called EKG). During that test, that doctor did not find anything unusual & didnt think I have MVP. As what normally happens to me, no one is sure of the cause. I had done some reading up on MVP and it seems like it could be, but who knows. I've never had a cold or flu or infection while getting these pains and my lungs dont seem to hurt, nor does my upper spine or ribs hurt.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

rc1975 HB User

i have mvp also but i dont think it causes sharp chest pains. everyone keeps telling me its not heart related but what is causing it then??

Closed Thread