It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

Diannejake HB User
Does numbness or pain go up right or left arm when you have a heart attack

Does numbness or pain go up right or left arm when you have a heart attack

Old 12-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
(male)

Karltom HB User
Re: Does numbness or pain go up right or left arm when you have a heart attack

Believe this goes up the left arm, but is more involved in stroke than heart attack. Chest pain, sudden sweating are more on the heart attack sign list. But, never hurts to check with a doctor when anything seems out of whack...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
(male)

Toneman HB User

Actually, it's more common in the left arm, but may also radiate to the right arm as well. If you're having symptoms, please go have them checked out for peace of mind if nothing else.

Tony

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

You don't specify if you are male or female, but it is common fact that women often do not have the classic signs of a heart attack. Please see a doctor, better to be safe than sorry.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
(female)

RebelBabe820 HB User

I didn't have numbness in either arm when I had my heart attack..was walking through the house & chest pains hit from out of the blue & took my breath...it took about 20 mins before I could call a friend & call a doctor ...best advise is reguadless of where the pain is don't chance it Please go see a doctor & don't put it off too long!!! God Bless !!!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
(male)

huckfinn HB User

I had pain to radiate "down" my left arm from my jaw, chest and left shoulder. All of the pain was originating from my heart. I had the classic symptoms. My Ramus artery went totally closed and caused a stroke at the same time.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBabe820 View Post
I didn't have numbness in either arm when I had my heart attack..was walking through the house & chest pains hit from out of the blue & took my breath...it took about 20 mins before I could call a friend & call a doctor ...best advise is reguadless of where the pain is don't chance it Please go see a doctor & don't put it off too long!!! God Bless !!!

RebelBabe makes a good point. Cardiac chest pain often is vague, or dull and may be described as a pressure or band-like sensation, squeezing, heaviness, or other discomfort. A very imprecise term, angina, the definition root is from Latin meaning a strangling sensation and not pain per se.

I had a silent attack about 4 years ago no previous symptoms and became symptomic with heart failure. With that an article drew my attention, "Although one may not appreciate it when suffering from pain, angina itself is not bad. In fact it may be a blessing. Some doctors call angina God's gift to humans because many heart problems are silent until they become the cause for sudden death. Angina is an early warning sign that something is wrong. Its presence may help identify those at risk of a heart attack so that one can seek proper treatment."

You should see a doctor for your symptoms.

Closed Thread