It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

tmarie2 HB User
Can someone explain EKG T wave Changes

52 year Old F Mild Emphesma, Smoker 1 pack day
Toprol 25 per day to reduce workload of heart. BP, mostly nornal but does jump very high/low.
EKG: rSr (V1) and T wave non-specific Changes
While in bed I had sudden Coughing, felt like I was full of mucus when I had no cold previous Congestion. Like bubbles in chest 1 week ago. Legs Groin pain. Afterwards, ongoing intermittant burining feeling under bottom ribs and vague dissomfort, shaking/chills, Nausea. Much stress preceded this. I went to Heart Doc and he gave me Anxiety pills. Several days later I went to hospital cause I couldn't stop shaking and the intermittant discomfort was more often. Had EKG that was compared with a previous one from 6 months ago that came out Borderline. 2 days later I had Echo Stress test and I think I did terrible, breathing problem was worse I ever experienced, palps, no felling in legs, stiff chest Dizzy, Nausea. I have changes I do not understand on EKG and I am worried, I had no discussion with heart doc and when I went to see him he had some sort of accident and I was left in limbo. They told me if pain concerns me to go to ER. Have not done that and trying to wait until my doc is OK Pain is not bad, just constant intermittant reminders, discomfort throughout day. Similar pain 1.5 months ago and I was tested for Gallbladder and Ulcer and all was OK.
Should I be worried or forget it?

Thanks!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-10-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: Can someone explain EKG T wave Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarie2 View Post
52 year Old F Mild Emphesma, Smoker 1 pack day
Toprol 25 per day to reduce workload of heart. BP, mostly nornal but does jump very high/low.
EKG: rSr (V1) and T wave non-specific Changes
While in bed I had sudden Coughing, felt like I was full of mucus when I had no cold previous Congestion. Like bubbles in chest 1 week ago. Legs Groin pain. Afterwards, ongoing intermittant burining feeling under bottom ribs and vague dissomfort, shaking/chills, Nausea. Much stress preceded this. I went to Heart Doc and he gave me Anxiety pills. Several days later I went to hospital cause I couldn't stop shaking and the intermittant discomfort was more often. Had EKG that was compared with a previous one from 6 months ago that came out Borderline. 2 days later I had Echo Stress test and I think I did terrible, breathing problem was worse I ever experienced, palps, no felling in legs, stiff chest Dizzy, Nausea. I have changes I do not understand on EKG and I am worried, I had no discussion with heart doc and when I went to see him he had some sort of accident and I was left in limbo. They told me if pain concerns me to go to ER. Have not done that and trying to wait until my doc is OK Pain is not bad, just constant intermittant reminders, discomfort throughout day. Similar pain 1.5 months ago and I was tested for Gallbladder and Ulcer and all was OK.
Should I be worried or forget it?

Thanks!
Hi Marie,

An EKG result requires further evaluation. Not a reliable source for any diagnosis.

Non-specific T-wave measures time (length) and heigth (volts) of electrical impulses to return the ventricles to precontracted state (repoloration). Non-specific T-wave can be due to heart muscle damage, cardiac scarring, or an imbalance of electrolytes, low potassium that is required for the appropriate transmission (conduction) of impulses.

Medication can cause a non-specific T-wave as well as obstruction respiratory pathways. Based on your post it is highly probable your medication and lung disorder is the cause for abnormal T-wave. An echcardiogram is required to rule out any heart muscle damage, enlarged heart chambers as well as the heart's pumping output into system circulation.

Chest pain could occur if the heart does not receive an adequate supply of blood, blood disorder and/or oxygen level is compromised due to pulmonary issues, etc.

Last edited by started04; 12-11-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: Can someone explain EKG T wave Changes

I'm sure the EKG reading is not significant, but contact the nurse or doc for peace of mind.

Closed Thread