It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User
rapid heart rate

i am 26 female. not over weight. been exercising for 4 yrs but heart rate istill abt 85. sometimes when i measure it is 78. there was once when i just woke up, i went to measure it was 98. i read that u shd measure when u just wake up. but maybe it was 98 cos i had to get out of bed and get the machine and therefore my heart rate got up already... if it was 78 at a moment but for e rest of the day it is 85, is it ok?

after drinking coffee it was 98. is it ok? i m scared.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
(male)

marantz1935 HB User
Re: rapid heart rate

Hi,

The only thing I can say with certainty is that normal heart rate measures between 60 and 100.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
(female)

leisao40281 HB User

Hi there.

I suffer from the same.
I freak out when my heart rate goes up.
Im actually suffering from rapid heart rate right now. 85 beats per minute. Im normally round 65 70 at rest
I too ofen wake up and suddenly feel my heart beat fast.
Ive suffered from bulimia since I was 16. Im not fully recovered. It has been 10 years now so I know that this could possibly play a big role in my health problem.
i suffer from derpression quite possibly bipolar, heart palpitations, flared glands and rapid heart rate due to panic attacks and anxiety.
Ive been tested on the ecg and I had chest xrays in 2005 they have been cleared of an obstructions.
For the past few days I have been feeling really well and then all of a sudden at lunch time.
Pow my herat rate went up and now I cant slow it. I have a feeling that due to the onset of my period perhaps this has somehting to do it. This is common for girls in there 20's so I have read and been told. Its has something to do with the hormones changin, blah blah blah,
Evening primrose is a herbal remedy so they say that can help or you can use a perscribed anti depressant. I used an antidepressant for 6 months when i was being treated for bipolar/depression and I found that symtoms stopped but after that six months I was depressed because I had to take the meds.
I have noticed though that a week before the onset of my period I do feel a little anxious about normal things. The doctor suggests antidepressants again. but Im yet to find a beter remedy.
speek to your doc.he/she should be able to give a better explination. If you keep letting it worry you it could turn into a full blown menatl issue. such as panic attacks/depression. A feeling heaps times worse.
warmest regards
Leisa

Last edited by leisao40281; 01-03-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: mistakes

Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

so if resting heart rate ranges form 60 to 100, then if u were to measure immediately after u down, b4 tt maybe u walked to get a glass of water....or measure while u are at work sitting down typing, what would be e range?

what abt after driinking coffee?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sam78 HB User

ok heres some words of wisdom. Your normal RESTING heart rate should be 60-100. Key word there is resting. Obvioulsy doing anything, even such as just a quick walk, your heart rate will naturaly go up depending on what your are doing. Things such as simply eating raise your heart rate to help ensure extra blood gets to your gut to aid in the digestion process. Stimulants such as caffeine (coffeeeeeeee!!!), alcohol, and even chocolate can raise your heart rate, as does exercise and anxiety or stress. So know that if you do or eat some of these things you are going to have a normal raise in heart rate. When you get up from the laying position, especially after sleeping, your heart will increase because it was at this nice resting low. So feel your pulse before you actually get out of bed, or get out of bed and sit on the couch for a few minutes to allow your heart rate to equilibrate and then measure your heart rate. Hope that helps.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

i heard that those with high heart rate are more prone to heart problems. if i have high heart rate but normal blood pressure (abit on e low side), should i not worry then?
ok i m freaking out... i take my heart rate very often now. i see 98, 91,87, 83 etc.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
(female)

leisao40281 HB User

Ok, first I must say, you seem to be very anxious about this problem and if its becomming a regular thing see your gp. Becomming obsessed about your heart rate could also be a part of deression.
I do the same thing if my heart rate goes up for no real reason at all i become anxious and obsessed about it checking it every hour or so or even if I just feel my heart pounce at a large beat. ( the ones wich all of a sudden feel like they want to jump out your chest. They can happens in ones, or lots. This is called heart palpitations, and yes they are terrifying for anyone who doesnt understand them.)
With the obsessed counting of heart beats it could be a sign of depression.
Ask your self these questions. Am I stressed about somthing thats going on in my life right now? (other than your rapid heart rate) Are you getting enough sleep? you need your sleep.
Diet. What kind of foods you could be eating which could be affecting your thinking?
A diary always helps. if all of a sudden you feel your heart rate go up. ask yourself, how you are feeling. could there be something that has triggered you to feeling a little anxious.
If you feel that there is nothing that could be causing this then ask to have a ecg done it only takes a few minutes at the hospital, An ecg is where they hook you up to a machine with little wires and you have sticky pads put all over your body so they can measure certain aspects of your heart etc. chest xrays are a good one too to clear out any obstructions.
I have met a person in hospital who suffered from the same kind of thing but later found she had to go on special medication to stop her blood from going around in circles in her heart. there was blood that just wasnt making its way around the body, it was only travelling a short distance around the heart. Almost like she had a private little merry go round for her blood in her heart. They later opperated on her and she is now fine.
If it truely does worry you have an assessment by your gp and if they say nothing is wrong then its always handy to have a 2nd, 3rd oppinion. depending on which of the part of world you live in and how your health system works just go to the emergency section of your hospital if your heart rate is high and you have accompanying chest pain and short breaths, it could just be a panic attack or perhaps someting more serious but I have always been told. even if its just a panic attack at the end of they day, its always a good thing to be around medical help if it turns out to be anything different.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
(female)

leisao40281 HB User
Cool Re: rapid heart rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy View Post
i heard that those with high heart rate are more prone to heart problems. if i have high heart rate but normal blood pressure (abit on e low side), should i not worry then?
ok i m freaking out... i take my heart rate very often now. i see 98, 91,87, 83 etc.
Ok, first I must say, you seem to be very anxious about this problem and if its becomming a regular thing see your gp. Becomming obsessed about your heart rate could also be a part of deression.
I do the same thing if my heart rate goes up for no real reason at all i become anxious and obsessed about it checking it every hour or so or even if I just feel my heart pounce at a large beat. ( the ones wich all of a sudden feel like they want to jump out your chest. They can happens in ones, or lots. This is called heart palpitations, and yes they are terrifying for anyone who doesnt understand them.)
With the obsessed counting of heart beats it could be a sign of depression.
Ask your self these questions. Am I stressed about somthing thats going on in my life right now? (other than your rapid heart rate) Are you getting enough sleep? you need your sleep.
Diet. What kind of foods you could be eating which could be affecting your thinking?
A diary always helps. if all of a sudden you feel your heart rate go up. ask yourself, how you are feeling. could there be something that has triggered you to feeling a little anxious.
If you feel that there is nothing that could be causing this then ask to have a ecg done it only takes a few minutes at the hospital, An ecg is where they hook you up to a machine with little wires and you have sticky pads put all over your body so they can measure certain aspects of your heart etc. chest xrays are a good one too to clear out any obstructions.
I have met a person in hospital who suffered from the same kind of thing but later found she had to go on special medication to stop her blood from going around in circles in her heart. there was blood that just wasnt making its way around the body, it was only travelling a short distance around the heart. Almost like she had a private little merry go round for her blood in her heart. They later opperated on her and she is now fine.
If it truely does worry you have an assessment by your gp and if they say nothing is wrong then its always handy to have a 2nd, 3rd oppinion. depending on which of the part of world you live in and how your health system works just go to the emergency section of your hospital if your heart rate is high and you have accompanying chest pain and short breaths, it could just be a panic attack or perhaps someting more serious but I have always been told. even if its just a panic attack at the end of they day, its always a good thing to be around medical help if it turns out to be anything different.

Closed Thread