It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

cindylou2 HB User
PVCs - does yours VARY????

Hi All!

Every morning I wake up, praying that today is the day that the PVCs
will disappear. I stopped taking my Gerd medication (PPI) and they
slowed down a bit for a few days but that didnt continue. No matter
what I do, my PVCs continue through out the day, everyday.

Theres no pattern to mine, no certain triggers that I can pin point
and during the past 4 weeks I've tryed everything.

Taking a mutli-vit, B12, Iron, stopping the PPI, stopping sugar and
caffiene, drinking lots of water....has not stopped them.

If I'm tired, rested, sleepy, happy, cring, hyper, driving,
shopping, talking, watching TV...the PVCs are still there, no matter
what I am doing.

I have had a few good days where they have been mild and one day, (I
think it was Saturday) I counted a 3 hour period when I had none at
all, it was a blessing!

My question: Do your PVCs VARY?

Do you experience a variety of PVCs?
from a skipped beat...
to a hard thump...
to a flutter...
and then little pops....

Over and over through out the day???

Or is yours the same all the time?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

The Following User Says Thank You to cindylou2 For This Useful Post:
usmcsdi (12-19-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

itsmebeck HB User
Re: PVCs - does yours VARY????

Mine are just like you explained! They are extremely random, there are no triggers, they happen ALL the time! Sometimes I'll have long runs of them, sometimes they'll be every few beats, sometimes they'll be ever other beat. Sometimes they make me dizzy, or light headed, or short of breath, most of the time I don't even feel them. There is absolutely no sort of rhythm at all to my PVCs. None. And yes, they do feel different too, sometimes a flutter, sometimes a pause, sometimes a thump. They just do whatever they want!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

tomah HB User

Mine are just like yours too! No rhyme or reason. I am frustrated to NO end. WHen I get one first thing in the morning - it ruins my entire day! I've tried walking on the treadmill - they are the same. Eating - not eating - doesn't matter. The way mine feel are like yours too -- flutters, pause, thump, quiver, and they sometimes cause a run of palps. I hate them - I've had them for years - and I still haven't gotten over the fear that they are going to kill me. If someone could figure out how to stop them - they would be a billionaire!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tomah For This Useful Post:
usmcsdi (12-19-2010)
Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

Sunny737 HB User

I am in my fifties and when I was in my thirties, these started one day like someone turned on a switch! I had even 250 or more of them a day for a week, before I went to the emergency room....no emotional fanfare, just thought it wise and after that, to a cardio to have the echocardiograms.

Also, that week they started so dramatically...something led me to drink two bottles of Pedialyte and they went down to like ten percent of what they had been, for days. The cardiologist didn't think that was what helped them slow so dramatically but I thought...."hmm...coincidence? and it was an intuitive feeling that got me to even buy Pedialyte?"

Anyway, I have them much less, in fact I go weeks without one and when they start, I reach for V8 juice and maybe even put a little milk or OJ in it since calcium is an electrolyte, too is why I thought of milk and mix them in one glass with some water...and drink. Every single time....they stop.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
(female)

cindylou2 HB User

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to hear that I am not the only one in the world that feels this way! Words can't explain how much I appreciate your replies and knowing that others have no pattern with their PVCs and feel like I do.

They are sure annoying....

Thanks again for your replies!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
(female)

moerem HB User

I guess I'am a little dumb here. Could someone tell me what PVCs are. Thank You

Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
(female)

ultraviolet007 HB User

I wasn't sure what it was either, but I found this at another site:

PVC's--premature ventricular contractions

Old 01-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
(female)

ScamperFletcher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou2 View Post
Hi All!

Every morning I wake up, praying that today is the day that the PVCs
will disappear. I stopped taking my Gerd medication (PPI) and they
slowed down a bit for a few days but that didnt continue. No matter
what I do, my PVCs continue through out the day, everyday.

Theres no pattern to mine, no certain triggers that I can pin point
and during the past 4 weeks I've tryed everything.

I can so relate to this. I've been investigating for 2 years now!

Taking a mutli-vit, B12, Iron, stopping the PPI, stopping sugar and
caffiene, drinking lots of water....has not stopped them.

If I'm tired, rested, sleepy, happy, cring, hyper, driving,
shopping, talking, watching TV...the PVCs are still there, no matter
what I am doing.

Yep! Yep, yep.... Don't ya just LOVE when you are trying to speak to, say, a salesperson, and then BABOOM - mega PVC? Oy Vey!

I have had a few good days where they have been mild and one day, (I
think it was Saturday) I counted a 3 hour period when I had none at
all, it was a blessing!

Oh those Palpitation Free Hours.... The PFH's as I like to call them. Such a joy.

My question: Do your PVCs VARY?

Do you experience a variety of PVCs?
from a skipped beat...
to a hard thump...
to a flutter...
and then little pops....

Over and over through out the day???

Or is yours the same all the time?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!
I saw your post & just said to my BF "Here's another woman going through EXACTLY what I am".

Sometimes it helps a teeeeeny bit to know that you aren't alone.

These stupid PVC's have a total mind of their own. Random as all he**. I'm at the point where I am actually angry at my heart for being so crazy. Though I guess I'll be happy that it's tough enough to endure these things.

I, too, have done all those things.. cut out caffiene, sugar, alcohol, taken magnesium, calcium, different vitamins, ate an organic diet... the list goes on.

I have had them every single solitary day for 2 years, 7 months. The longest I've ever gone without was 12 hours.

The only thing I have figured out so far.. if I use OTC items such as Orajel on my teeth, or take Fiber One chewable tablets, or other chewable vitamins (like my big Vitamin B lozenge)... I get PVC after PVC.. relentlessly. I can only tie together the fact they these all contain different forms of sugars such as Xylitol, Sorbitol, and Dextrose. My research continues!

Cranberry juice also causes a huge increase. Hmmm.

Anyway - didn't mean for this to turn into a novel. Just wanted to share & send out hugs to my sisters out there who are going through this too.

I refuse to give up - I am determined to find the cause of these stupid things!!

(I found a new doctor who ran an ANA blood test, and it came back positive, meaning I may have an autoimmune disease. So - that's the next thing we are going to look into as a possible cause for the PVCS. Also found that I have high thyroid auto-antibodies... another possible cause.. but my TSH has remained normal... so no meds needed/prescribed.)

Take care & peace to you.....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
(female)

ainteasybeingme HB User

i also have palpitations that vary with no rhyme or reason. I can be sleeping, talking, watching tv or anything and boom! there it is. I have thyroid antibodies and nodules but function is normal (?). I pray every day that they will disappear....

Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
(female)

ScamperFletcher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainteasybeingme View Post
i also have palpitations that vary with no rhyme or reason. I can be sleeping, talking, watching tv or anything and boom! there it is. I have thyroid antibodies and nodules but function is normal (?). I pray every day that they will disappear....
Hi - I also have high thyroid antibodies (and also just tested positive for other antibodies....) that probably has something to do with our problem!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Excellent and informative thread. My PVCs vary and I've cut out a bunch of stuff too. A friend told me to try the Co-Q 10 stuff, and I don't think it's doing much. Only been doing that for less than a week, so . . . . . who knows. I get "mad at my heart" too, sometimes, so I'm right there with ya, ScamperFletcher! I hope that someone finds out something to ingest or not ingest that will help us all out. . . . unless different inputs can cause it to happen for different people?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

It's a relief to read this thread.

I have had *small* bouts of palpitations over the last few years and also have suffered with rapid heart rate. Many years ago, I did wear an event monitor and nothing "off" was found. Then a year ago, I was having another run of rapid heartrate and my GP sent me for an echocardiogram. Totally normal although there was some mild reflux but he said that the echos are so sensitive these days that just about every one gets that on their report.

I found out a bit later that I had iron deficiency anemia and, viola, fixing that fixed the rapid heartrate.

I was fine for awhile. Then EXACTLY three weeks ago, I started with what I assume are PVCs (since I've never gotten that diagnosis before, I don't know). I had the fluttering, thumping, thudding. It was happening every 5 minutes all day long. It seemed to calm down at night. When I first awoke I didn't have them. It seemed if I ate or drank something, it would start them going again. It has been three solid weeks and they have not stopped at all. Some days are more mild than others. I don't feel bad or anything but I am wondering why they would come out of the blue like this.

Tomorrow I am seeing my endocrinologist. I had thyroid cancer about 13 years ago, so I regularly see him. I can only *hope* that maybe my thyroid medication is too high for some reason but I've been stable on the same dose for years, so I have my doubts about this one. I just want it to go away and don't want to get into another bout of "doctoring."

Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
(female)

marta33 HB User

Vary is not even the word for mine....They have a mind all their own. For the past eight years i have had them every day. My DR. was even wonderful enough to inform me that I have the record HIGH of all of his patients with pvc's. I dont think about them much anymore. They become part of who you are after a while. They get annoying sometimes when they are every other beat and on days they are less i find myself waiting for them- wondering where they are!!! hows that for crazy. Try to relax. Worrying definitely makes them worse.

Closed Thread