It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

galfromKY HB User
Post Help input about CATH VIRUS ECHOCARDIGRAM

I had a echo today after having a normal heart cath last week, but abnormal ekg's and stress test films. had the echo today, they said I would hear something within a week , so I am thinking nuthin bad is happening or they would have saw it there and just told me,today; right? is this normal to have findings found later on? and since the cath was normal the echo is probably,to; right? what makes me wonder is the abnormal ekg's (4 of them)and some abormal film in the stress test, also I see people on here talking about a negative and postiive stress how do I find out what mine was? thanks, Karen

Last edited by galfromKY; 01-25-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

galfromKY HB User
Re: echo today help

Any answers for me? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

Relax hun.
I am sure your echo will be fine. The cardiac cath is the definitive test. The echo will look more at structure of the heart.
An abnormal stress test can happen in normal hearts. Some ppl have slight rythym changes that are pinpointed in ecg, that need to be investigated, you have had that done. If you could get a copy of your ecg and read the results here, someone (myself incl) could explain the changes to you. Ask your md what the results were of your stress test, they will tell you. Echo techs or other techs are not certified to go over results with you , you need the MD to do that at your follow up appt

Old 01-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
(female)

galfromKY HB User

I am so confused over all this, I had a stroke (mini two of them) in 2004, I had a echo done then and it showed a problem with a valve but not nuthin to worry with then, NOW I go to get clearance for ovarian surgery at my family doctor , he done a EKG and found a problem, I then went to the cardiologist. I had the stress test done, my blood pressure and heart would would go up and down in a matter of minutes. I then had a heart cath which should no problems, however I still have tightness in the chest and fatigue and swollen ankles. I wonder if this could still be my heart, I haven't heard results of the echo yet and they never said if I had a negative or postive stress test, and I don't know the diffrence, I am so very confused and welcome all the input and answers I can get, thanks, Karen[/B]

Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
(male)

mfj23 HB User

Karen,
Do you have a prolapse mitral valve? Any cardiac problems certainely would have been found in the cath lab. Another test to get a good look at the heart would be a TEE which is a transesophegalechocardiogram. They would put a small tube down your throat and get a good look at your heart. I would not worry at this point. Keep us posted and good luck.
MFJ

Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
(female)

galfromKY HB User

what is this prolaspe mitral valve? thanks

Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
(female)

galfromKY HB User

so if I have something wrong I would have found out in the cath lab right?

Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
(male)

mfj23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfj23 View Post
Karen,
Do you have a prolapse mitral valve? Any cardiac problems certainely would have been found in the cath lab. Another test to get a good look at the heart would be a TEE which is a transesophegalechocardiogram. They would put a small tube down your throat and get a good look at your heart. I would not worry at this point. Keep us posted and good luck.
MFJ

Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
(male)

mfj23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by galfromKY View Post
what is this prolaspe mitral valve? thanks
The Heart has 4 valves, the most common one is the Mitral Valve, If it goes bad it starts to regurgitate or backward flow of the blood, there are many symptoms, ei:chest pain, feeling faint, panic, etc!!!, with me, mine went bad probally genetic, My Cardiologist did an echo, then the TEE, and finally the Cath, it was leaking severely and I went in for a repair which required open heart surgery, I am fine now. Millions of people have MVP but only a handful go bad. There is a clicking noise that can be easily detected by your Doc using a stepthascope. I would ask your Doctor about your valves. Good luck,
MFJ

Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #10
(female)

galfromKY HB User

sorry for so many questions, but if I have this what are all the symtoms?...Can it cuz numbness in the right leg in the back of knee and tingling needle like sensations? thanks

Old 01-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
(male)

mfj23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by galfromKY View Post
sorry for so many questions, but if I have this what are all the symtoms?...Can it cuz numbness in the right leg in the back of knee and tingling needle like sensations? thanks
It's OK to ask questions, the symptoms you described do not seem cardiac related, It sounds more like you should be seeing a neurologist. Good luck, keep us posted.
MFJ

Old 01-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

A mitral valve prolapse is found on echo (when one of the leaflets of the valve doesnt close properly during contraction of the heart, blood regurgitates into the left atrium instead of pumping forward thru the aorta. You hear an extra sound when the dr listens to your heart ( a murmur)with the stethoscope. If you had MVP , you would have been informed from your Dr.

the smptoms of mvp are felt skipped beats, shortness of breath and sometimes chest pain.mvp is common and usually benign unless the regurgitation is severe and there is damage to the left ventricle and left atrium.

Also mvp is seen on angiogram when they take a dye picture of the left ventricle

Old 01-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
(female)

galfromKY HB User

what are the treatments for MVP? is it surgery or meds or is it not anything to worry about thanks

Old 01-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

usually no treatment unless severe than repair is needed ( see prev poster)

Closed Thread