It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

ladyhawk9326 HB User
Chest pains even after triple bypass....

In June of 2006 I had 5 stents put in. I was just having chest pains and they found some blockage. Then in June of 2007 I was still having chest pains. They did a lot of testings and even did a heartcath. That's when they found that all of my stents were either getting blocked or were blocked. So off to have the triple bypass. After surgery I was still having the same pains. They did everything they could to find out why. Found nothing. I do have back problems and have a TENS Unit. Since all else failed I thought about trying the TENS Unit. Mind you I am still in the hospital for my bypass. Well to make a long story short... it worked. So they let me go home. I was fine for a while... no pain. Then in Dec. of 2007 the pains came back. I don't have to be doing anything at all. I can be sitting on the sofa and watching TV and I can have the chest pains. It's on my left side near the middle but just under my left breast. At times the pain brings tears to my eyes. On the pain level chart it's a 8. Please keep in mind that I have been told by many doctors that I do have a very high pain tolerance. When I go to the ER the nitro doesn't help and neither does the Morphine they give me. They have to give me 5mg of Morphine and all it does is help me sleep. But when it starts to hurt again I am awake. So I only sleep an hour at a time on that high dose of Morphine. I am tired of the pain as well as having to take yet another drug. I've been told that I need a pain management doctor. But I can't find one that will help me with the chest pains. Even though I bring with me a report that it says it's not my heart even after they have done yet another heartcath. I've tried to just live with this pain. But it's really wearing me down each day. I need to get out and walk or ride my exercise bike. But I can't with the chest pains. Other wise me bypass was a dream. I was able to start to sleep on my tummy with in 3 days of being home. Sure it hurt but the pain wasn't that bad as much that would stop me from getting a good night of sleep. I love sleeping on my tummy if you couldn't tell. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or does anyone have any suggestion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Chest pains even after triple bypass....

Could your pain be caused by from reflux? I have never had heart burn in my life, but I started getting bad chest pain just under the sternum at night. After a lot of investigation from many angles it was discovered that I had silent GERD. The only other symptom I had was a cough. It might be worth having this investigated. I had Oesophagitis by the time they had worked mine out. Best of luck to you- hope you find some answers.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
(female)

ladyhawk9326 HB User

Thanks for thinking of that. But they did a scope to see if I did and they said no. So that put me right back where I started from... darn it.

Again thanks.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

Im sorry, I am trying to figure out what it could be, if it is not GERD ( stomach) and not cardiac, doesnt sound pulmonary. Maybe muscular ?. I would suggest a nuclear scan to see if there is cardiac muscle not getting enough oxygen, regardless of a normal heart cath

good luck

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

What about gallbladder??????

Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
(female)

ladyhawk9326 HB User

It can't be my gallbladder as I had it removed years ago. Now do you see why I am at my wits end?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

OK, here is one for you, even though you had your gallbladder out yrs ago, you can have a stone lodge in the common bile duct, that is usually left behind after GB removal.
Just a thought???

Old 02-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
(female)

ladyhawk9326 HB User

With all the full body scans that I've had these past few years don't you feel they would have seen it if I did? I had my gallbladder taken out in 1986.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
(female)

jrmom1 HB User

True, your right.

Maybe it is a neuropathy type of pain ( caused by the nerve track). I am probably just grasping at straws here. Just throwing out some ideas

Closed Thread