It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
(male)

Roscoe36 HB User
Expansion in left side of rib cage

Hi there. I have posted other times describing several symptoms that I have that lead me to believe that I have some sort of heart disease.

Most notably lately is back and left side chest pain. Importantly, I have noticed that my rib cage seems to be expanded more on the left side than on the right side.

For those with heart disease and more specifically, cardiomyopathy, do you notice this on yourself? Or am I crazy?

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
(male)

Roscoe36 HB User
Re: Expansion in left side of rib cage

Bump....nobody can answer this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
(male)

huckfinn HB User
Re: Expansion in left side of rib cage

You're crazy......... No, just kidding Ross although this is not a funny subject. I know lots of people with cardiomyopathy that do not have the left side of their chest larger than their right. I have never heard of this. I would suspect a tumor or some type of other growth if you are not imagining it.

Angina, which I have had plenty of, can by and of itself make it seem like the left side of your chest is at a higher pressure, or more full than the ever innocent right side. I have never looked in the mirror though. I know that it is the angina. You can have angina in your back for sure, I know that. You need to see a doctor and explain these pains soon. You could have coronary artery disease (CAD), which causes chest pain, or angina.

Closed Thread