It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
(male)

ataglance HB User
Pulsating Stomach - Anxiety or AAA???

Hey guys

Recently (last 7 days) ive had pains in the middle of my abdominal area, though they have some what subsided the last few days. Im aware the aorta runs down along this passage. Like ive been doing for last few months, if i have a symptom i get on the search engine, type in my this symptom and find various diseases or ailments and immediatly think i have this. Hence the question about AAA. Last Sat the pain was very bad (hurt to touch), went to a doctors clinic and he was content with the fact that i infact did not have AAA but a strain muscle in the abdomen. This is all well and good, but i have been feeling a pulse in my stomach area and and at times my stomach was visibily move in tune with my heart beat. He also used a stethscope to listen to the area, which in my 'research' have found that a distinct sound is made when an AAA is there. He said it was fine. Along with i have had back pain, though not lower more upper back pain and sortness of breath. Ive also been told i have anxiety issues and i am about to commence seesions with a pshychiatrist. What are you opinions of this??

When you have AAA, do the symptoms occur for a while then it bursts, or do they only occur minutes prior to a tear?? I ask this as my abs have been sore for the last week or so.

Also should add that i am 20 year old male with no history of heart or AAA in the family. What are your thoughts?? AAA or Anxiety??

Help greatly appreciated

Last edited by ataglance; 02-26-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

maisie jane HB User
Re: Pulsating Stomach - Anxiety or AAA???

HI,
I also was fixated by the thought of having AAA, as this is what my mum died of, so when i was feeling unwell, with noticable upper stomach pulse, light headiness, and lethargy, i went to see my GP, on examination she found i had a heart murmur, this sent my world up side down and my anxiety levels through the roof, so like you i came home and researched evey thing on the internet, and according to my symptoms i had every condition under the sun, then i found this web site and now i dont look else where, as soon as i got my panic under control my anxiety levels reduced and the symptoms i stated earlier cleared, Your GP can tell by stethescope if you have a problem like AAA, and he would ask you to go for an echo if he was in any doubt, i have worked within mental health for 20yrs and the physical symptoms that occur with anxiety are frightening , it wont harm you to seek advice from a therapist, and in the meantime DONT use the internet as a doctor, it will send you NUTS,
good luck
Maisie-jane

Closed Thread