It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User
ECHO-waiting for results

I've waited 10 months for this test. I had the echo today but now I have to wait for the results and I'm scared and worried.
The nurse would not disclose any results and told me the doctor has to examine the results and it will be about a week before my doctor gets the results, so here I am waiting and scared. I hope something helps me to pass this time until I get the results...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
(female)

karate_mom HB User
Re: ECHO-waiting for results

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorri View Post
I've waited 10 months for this test. I had the echo today but now I have to wait for the results and I'm scared and worried.
The nurse would not disclose any results and told me the doctor has to examine the results and it will be about a week before my doctor gets the results, so here I am waiting and scared. I hope something helps me to pass this time until I get the results...
Why are you getting an echo....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User
Re: ECHO-waiting for results

I was sent for an ECHO because several months ago I was getting alot of palpitations so they sent me for an EKG which showed an enlarged left ventricle. The doctor had me monitor my BP for a month and it was in the high normal so he didn't feel my BP was the problem. He sent me for an echo just to check things out further. Having crohns for many years, he thought the problem may be the result of taking prednisone for years. He also said it may have something to do with osteoporosis. I hope there is nothing serious wrong...

Last edited by dorri; 02-28-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Closed Thread