It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

Gavintine HB User
Burning Chest Pain

I am going to my PCP for a physical this week. Since November I have been having issues that I thought were related to anxiety. However, anxiety meds do nothing for them. The main feeling is adrenaline rushes that last all day and a feeling of inner trembling. Sometimes I have a burning chest (not heartburn-it's different;it's all across my chest. My psychiatrist does not think it is anxiety and I have been checked for thyroid. Could this be symptoms of heart problems? My dad died of a heart attack at 48. It is driving me crazy. I have been taking my lood pressure daily and it is usually on the high side. The pulse rate is always high 80's or low 90's. Today it's the burning in my chest that is bothering me. I don't have a cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mileena42 HB User
Re: Burning Chest Pain

Have never heard anyone having heart problems discribe it as a "burning", however it doesn't mean it isn't possible. I don't think a heart attack would take as long as from last November to work up too.....so take some comfort in that.

Chest discomfort that hangs around should never be ignored. Even though it may not be serious, it would give you some peace to know it isn't your heart. Ask your doctor to refer you to a cardiologist and get some test done. Peace of mind can go a long way in relieving anxiety about your heart, and its better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck
Mileena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread