It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #1

MommyM HB User
Question How many PVC's are dangerous?

I am in between cardiologists and I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. I've been having PVC's for about four months now. My old cardio has cancelled and rescheduled two of my four appointments, so I'm trying to switch doctors, but am in health insurance hell. On Friday, I was supposed to get the results of my holter monitor and get an echocardiogram done. My doc. cancelled and put me off for three weeks, so I went in and got a copy of my file to find another doctor. The results of the holter said that I had 3 PAC's, 7747 PVC's (yes, I typed that number right) and some sinus arrythmia during 23 hours, 23 minutes. He also noted some "sound" he heard when listening to my heart. I don't know when I'll get another appointment, and I guess I'm just scared I'm going to have a heart attack. I don't have a good family history. Two of my relatives have died in their 50's from heart problems and numerous others with heart problems. I've read that PVC's aren't necessarily dangerous unless you have a lot. Well, how much is too much to make it a dangerous situation? Thanks for any advice or comments. Sorry for the long post.

[This message has been edited by MommyM (edited 05-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #2

mgthered HB User
Red face

I started having multifocal pvcs for over a year now. I have about 20,000/ day and have had every test-holter, stress test, heart cath, echo, ultrasound, and almost every medication. I cannot have an ablation because the pvcs are multifocal. I have seen a regular cardiologist who sent me to a cardiologist specializing in pvcs. He told me that I am the 1 in 10000 person that medication doesn't work on. I have constant shortness of breath and fatigue, but I have been told that there is nothing else that they can try on me. I refuse to let this stop me, but each day is a challenge.
Good luck and make sure you get a good cardiologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Inactive

ralve HB User
Hi, I also get lots of PVC's per day, and am just trying to live with it, but it's very hard!! I have so far had a holter (but I wasn't getting them as bad as I am now when I had the holter on) and just had a nuclear stress test. I had an echo years ago, so I guess I should have another one of those, and just had bloodwork done today. I have them when I'm sitting here typing, driving, all day long, it helps a bit when I walk or exercise, but then they come back about 10 minutes after I'm done. I can't figure out what they are from, and I'm so worried that my heart will just stop one of these times. My Dad had sudden death due to cardiomyopathy, and I worry I could be having something like that. I've had these palpitations off and on for 10 years, though. I connected them totally with menopause, they diminished greatly when I went through my last period, and they basically went away for months, only to suddenly come back one day, worsening with each day. Now, I just have them all day long, and are trying to live with it, but I just get in such bad moods, and so stressed out with them. I am going to try some vitamins soon, and keep looking for a cause! Good luck to you guys, Val

Closed Thread