It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 01:11 PM   #1

MissingRay HB User
Post Does anybody else take Atenolol?

I was just given Atenolol last month for my heart. My heart will beat three times instead of two and then after the third beat, it will stop beating for about 3 or 4 seconds and then it will continue.

I'm looking for anybody else who takes Atenolol and what do you think of this medication, as far as side effects. I don't constantly feel my heart beating all of the time anymore but sometimes I will feel it race but not like I used to. I do get side effects though, like stomach pains an hour or two after taking the medication, which I take once a day and I take it right after I'm done eating my dinner. I also experience confusion at times, fatigue, sleepiness and moodiness.

Please tell me your side effects.

Bridgette

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our daughter, Colleen Rae.

Old 08-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #2

Dergna HB User
Hello. I was on Atenolol for about 2 yrs - up until a week ago. I've only stopped as doc wants me to be off meds for 2 wks prior to ablation. I'm having that next week.

My overall experience was pretty good. I only found myself to be tired early, really. Other than that, I had breakthrough episodes of SVT at times - they just adjusted the dosages to fix that.

I didn't notice having any premature beats while on it though. So it may help yours. Mind you, the premature beats didn't bother me ever since I was told they were normal.

I didn't have stomach pains with it nor the other symptoms you mentioned other than fatique.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 06:15 AM   #3

MissingRay HB User
Dergna,

Thanks for responding. Hopefully my symptoms will subside. If not, maybe my cardio. can put me on another type of beta-blocker.

Thanks,
Bridgette

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our daughter, Colleen Rae.

Old 06-27-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
Re: Does anybody else take Atenolol?

The symptoms you describe are typical for Atenolol. I take Tenormin, same thing, and have similar problems. One thing that helped me was to take the med at bedtime. Good luck.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #5

lupine HB User

try to take atenenol at night before bed.. have the drowsys at bedtime.. works for me..lupines

Old 06-29-2004, 04:21 AM   #6
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Damn stuff kept me up all night! (and NOT the good way)

Last edited by zip2play; 06-29-2004 at 04:23 AM.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:14 PM   #7

djm HB User

My doc lead me to believe the Atenolol would CORRECT my PVC'S and I would eventually be able to come of the medication. Anyone had this experience ~ or can I look foward to taking the prescription forever?

Closed Thread