It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 03:36 PM   #1

campy22 HB User
Post heart pounding at night

Hello.
I'm twenty nine years old.
And , for the last couple of months, i have been waking up in the middle of the night becuas ei could feel myheart beat.
not necessarily faster, but very strongly.
i've been feeling like needles in my arms and legs at times, nothing very serious as far as pain goes, but something.
I went to the emergency room three months ago, and, they found that my blood pressure was ver y low, so was my heart beat.
they concluded i had anxiety attacks( which has never happened to me before), and sent me home.

now, for the past few weeks, i have been waking up again feeling my heart beat.
I went agian to the doctors, and , this time, my blood pressure was extremely fine, so was my heart beat.
BUT , they eventually noticed that my heart was having a " second" sound, very faint , and thought it might be a murmur.
NOw, i know i am extremely anxious by nature, and tend to worry about anything and everything..
thus, maybe the reason for these " heart" problems..
but, i don't know what it is..
Anyboy has a clue?
This is very scary and frightening to me

Campy 22

Old 08-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #2

NMc HB User
Hi Campy:
What you are experiencing at night are "palpitations" - which really just means you are aware of your heart beating. At night, we tend to notice our hearts beating more because there are no (or few) distractions. It is pretty common and doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your heart. The heart sound they may, or may not, have heard in the ER is probably an innocent murmur. Many people experience them and they are nothing to be concerned about - especially in a young, healthy adult.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread