It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2003, 11:01 PM   #1

MoMMeeOf2Girlz HB User
Question Pulse Drop PLEASE help..

(I posted also on panic boared.. but thought maybe someone from this board could help with this question) Thanks! Usually I don't worry.. I have panic/agoraphobia and usually my anxiety or panic is only due to being out of safe area.. but several months ago I went to ER and my heart rate was 167 and BP was 162/90 which like always is high from panic but I hadn't worried about either forever!! and my heartrate has always been high in 90s normal and from 140-160's in panic .. but after that spout at ER I started taking BP and worring about heart rate all over again.. well its usually 120-130-70-81 or so at home at my pulse is never under 90 most of the time higher 90's but I smoke and after 2 yrs of no caffeine for as year I have been back on MTDews so I know that don't help.. but for the last 2 days my BP has been low like 117-70's and heart rate 75-80 so now I'm worried why its so low all of a sudden?? I had all the heart test done 7yrs ago no problems just panic.. I take klonopin as needed but that has never made heart rate slow down?? Funny worry that its to fast now that its low I'm scared to death!! ERRRR I have also had bad heartburn off and on today and yesterday.. but I have it alot. Any ideas besides break the BP machine? lol Is a drop in pulse normal?
Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
I'm not trying to be rude, but look at how panicked you are. Read your post over again. You're worrying like crazy over nothing.

The "low" pulse rate that you describe is totally normal. Stop checking your pulse...it'll help you--trust me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #3

whitedove555 HB User
hi ! i am on the panic board too and emailed you last night. your rates are excellent and totally within normal ranges. a normal resting pulse for adults is 60-80......and of course a normal pulse under any condition other than strenous activity, panic, disorders, etc is 60-100, i am quite sure. you are fine. the normal bp is 120/80. you are 117/70. thats great !!!!! i will be back on the panic board tonight. i am currently wearing a 24 hr holter monitor as my pulse went to 168 yesterday. they think its the panic but playing it safe, Thank God. Hope I helped.

------------------
kim

Closed Thread