It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2003, 07:43 AM   #1

mparks HB User
Post low pulse rate

my dr put me on blood pressure meds over a year ago. we had to try all different kinds but finally found some that worked. the last few months my legs have been hurting and swelling. then i got sick with some sort of flu and chest cold(they thought0. they did lab work and i had no infection but they had put me on meds- congestion and an antibiotic but also thought i had chf so they put me on lasix and potassium.my pulse has been going to 31 and 38. i feel tired all the time.i had an ekg and it was normal sinus at 68. i work for a dr and she said the meds should not be effecting my pulse but my pulse may be effecting my blood pressure and be the whole problem and i really dont need any of these meds. what do i do now? they have done more lab work yesterday and i dont have results yet. i am 48 years old and have guite a bit of stress in my life although it has calmed down a lot lately.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #2

NMc HB User
Hi mparks:
Are you on a beta blocker to control your blood pressure? If so, this could account for the slow heart rate. Still, best to wait and see what the test results show, as you may have additional problems your doctor is trying to identify. Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread