It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #1

whitedove555 HB User
Red face new and terrified !!!!!

Hi ! I am a 43 yr old female. i am a sufferer of panic/anxiety disorders. The past 3 mths i have had 2 spells that have terrified me ! on my way to therapy 4 weeks ago my pulse rate went to 146. TODAY, it went to 168 with fluttering. i called 911....it took them 5 min appx to arrive and my pulse was 100. i went to the ER. my ekg was normal and my dr is not concerned. I am very scared to even do my dishes rt now ! Thank You,,,

------------------
kim

Old 08-19-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Whitedove- Try to calm down a little here. You have been told that your EKG is NORMAL. I know you don't feel reassured by this or you wouldn't be posting.

Panic/anxiety disorder is can be truly disabling, terrifying and unfortunately self-perpetuating. Talk to your therapist about your anxiety meds...you may need something else to help you through this particularly bad time.

I went through a year of abject panic about my health once....... With every tingle, every twinge, every palpitation, every *sensation* in general, my brain made an instant leap to something catastrophic. My brain truly worked like this: "sensation= death."

No room for rebuttal.
I was un-reassurable.
I rejected all evidence that I was okay and clung to everything that was totally unlikely.

Good consistant therapy...re-evaluation of meds...and finally I was OKAY.

I have no doubt that you will be too.

Obviously, if you need deeper, more precise info/ reassurance that you're okay physically,see a doc for a full check-up. (I'll bet you dinner at a restaurant of your choice that he/she will tell you it's anxiety/panic!)

zuzu xxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Zuzu...I must say that your replies to the other posters are so beautifully put.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #4

whitedove555 HB User
Zuzu, You are so thoughtful and kind. Yes, thats me , to the sad point that in fearing dying i am really not living ! I couldnt calm down early this morning and went to my family Dr. He told me he felt sure it was my panic and anxiety but ordered a Holter basically for my peace of mind. I am wearing it now...24 hr one. But thing is, if no " episodes " occur while on it then how does this work? hmmm. Tell you what ? If i am fine it will be dinner at the resteraunt of YOUR choice. I am a veggie...lol. THANK YOU AGAIN....its nice to know i am not alone.

------------------
kim

Old 08-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #5

poetgirl HB User
Thumbs up

Been there done that- And yes it scared me to .But through having them it only brought me closer to God
I just kept the faith prayed for him to help me calm down and take it away and every time he did just that.
I used to get so scared witch made things worse I thought was I having a heart attack. Dr told me I was having irregular heartbeats but not enough to take med.
After the years went by I had a histerectomy they didn't come as often now I'm almost convinced its
{hormonal} related.So yes, once in awhile I still get them but I'm trusting and keeping the Faith God will heal me of them. One more thing Eat lots of Bananas there a heart regulater high in potassium.

Old 08-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
In the early days I had a Dr who knew I had MVP but never told me, just said go home and be good housewife(I wasn't married at the time)so I changed Drs eventually was diagnosed with moderate MVP. I wore those monitors at least 3 times and not once did I have any palps or tachy, but take it off and it started. I have lived with Panic and anxiety disorders along with MVP for over 35 yrs and I can tell ya it does go in a remission from time to time. I went for 5 yrs absolutely calm, no problems and then wham back in 2000 it hit so hard while at work that I decided that the carpal tunnel surgery was a good time to leave for good(thinking it would help it)and I'd been there 20 yrs. Well now that I'm aging and hit 55 new anxieties have arrived pretty steady since. I am a good talker in my head and if I can gain control over an emotion I can usually stop the attack before it starts along with my xanax. I try to excersise everyday, eat healthy as I can and consume little coffee as I know caffiene really aggravates mine.

Old 08-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
In the early days I had a Dr who knew I had MVP but never told me, just said go home and be good housewife(I wasn't married at the time)so I changed Drs eventually was diagnosed with moderate MVP. I wore those monitors at least 3 times and not once did I have any palps or tachy, but take it off and it started. I have lived with Panic and anxiety disorders along with MVP for over 35 yrs and I can tell ya it does go in a remission from time to time. I went for 5 yrs absolutely calm, no problems and then wham back in 2000 it hit so hard while at work that I decided that the carpal tunnel surgery was a good time to leave for good(thinking it would help it)and I'd been there 20 yrs. Well now that I'm aging and hit 55 new anxieties have arrived pretty steady since. I am a good talker in my head and if I can gain control over an emotion I can usually stop the attack before it starts along with my xanax. I try to excersise everyday, eat healthy as I can and consume little coffee as I know caffiene really aggravates mine.

Closed Thread