It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2003, 11:11 AM   #1

Riker1964 HB User
Question Heart Trouble or Not?

This past Saturday I was at church and had an achy feeling that felt like it was on my chest bones, two finger up from where the bottom rib cage splits, on both sides. This lasted for 10-15 seconds. Then I got really sweaty like it was hot in there. I have had all sorts of heart tests (stress test, echo, ekg, etc) a while ago, my total chol is 108, LDL is 50, HDL is 28, Trig is 150, my CRP is 2.

Does this sound like it may be heart related or not. My chest bones and back bones around the center of my ribcage seem to be achy more often than not, most days. Is it possible it could be my bed? I am 39 years old, 5' 11" and weigh 195, and follow good health practices (no smoking ever, no drinking, no drugs ever) I exercise by briskly walking for 1 or 1.5 miles 5 days a week.

Thanx for your thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
It would be hard to say if it was heart related. The sweating could be a symptom. Did you have any shortness of breath with it? Your numbers look good, but your HDL is low. You might ask your doctor about adding some niacin supplement to raise your HDL since exercise is not doing it for you.

------------------
It isn't time that heals all wounds, it's what you do with that time. Dr. Phil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #3

Riker1964 HB User
Thanx for your reply. My HDL is low because I have Sarcoidosis. Also, my numbers were taken BEFORE I started exercising regularly.

Old 08-25-2003, 01:10 PM   #4

Riker1964 HB User
Oops, sorry - I had no shortness of breath. I do have Asthma as well.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
Inactive

cutup HB User
There are so many different things that mimic heart symptoms. It could be acid reflux. There is also a condition called costochondritis which is a type of inflammation affecting the rib cage. Describing your pain as an ache and that you ache more days than not really doesn't sound like heart. Of course I'm not a doctor and am only speaking from personal experience.

------------------
It isn't time that heals all wounds, it's what you do with that time. Dr. Phil

Old 08-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
I have had a couple bouts of costochondritis where I ended up in the ER only to be told my heart was fine yada yada yada. Last yr I had it so bad for 3 solid months and my orthopedic dr took xrays and it did show high intensity uptake in the rib cage and was diagnosed with it, it is one of those come and go type inflamation that really does take on the appearance of heart problems.

Closed Thread