It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

angeleyez5 HB User
Unhappy Chest/left arm pain?

Hi. I am new to the boards.

I have been worried for a few days about a certain something.

Recently, I started lifting weights to tone my arms (only a 3-pound weight). After starting to lift again, I noticed that my left arm had started hurting on and off. The pain was not burning, but an annoying type of pain. This has happened for a few days on and off. The first day it was around for longer amounts of time, and gradually, each day, the pains got shorter. With this, I noticed that my chest started to hurt. Not a really painful hurt, but just a pain that was there, kind of like pinching. At one point, during the night, it woke me up. Now, my left arm pain is basically gone, but my chest pain is there on and off still. After I ate dinner today, it was pinching-like for a few minutes. A few days ago, the pain had moved to my neck. I am not sure if any of this can be related? I am not sure if heart attack symptoms can last for days in a row, because that is what this is -- lasting for about four or so days.

Then there is the other thing -- I am 19 years old.

I shouldn't be stressing over such things, but I can't help but wondering and being worried if I had a mild heart attack or...? I just don't know.

If anyone could help or give me peace of mind, it would be greatly appreciated as I have been pretty uptight and worried about all of this.

Thank you.
~Ashley

Old 08-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #2

Carrie830 HB User
Just wanted to let you know i think your fine and shouldn't worry, if you think going to the doctor and having them tell you that will make you feel better then thats ok too!!!! I've suffered from skip beats and also pain in my arm , neck, ect..... for about 6 years now! I promie you'll be fine!!!! take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #3

Carrie830 HB User
Just wanted to let you know i think your fine and shouldn't worry, if you think going to the doctor and having them tell you that will make you feel better then thats ok too!!!! I've suffered from skip beats and also pain in my arm , neck, ect..... for about 6 years now! I promise you'll be fine!!!! take care!

Old 08-28-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Inactive

cutup HB User
I think it's possible that you've just strained the muscles in your arm and chest.

------------------
It isn't time that heals all wounds, it's what you do with that time. Dr. Phil

Old 08-28-2003, 10:57 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User
Ashley, I work with 3 pound weights a lot and get pains in my arms, especially the left one (from elbow to shoulder) Sometimes my shoulder blades also get a little painful. I found out its because lifting the weights. As soon as I stopped working with the weights the pain would disappear. I would do that exercise daily, now I just do it about 3 - 4 times a week and hardly get any pain. I think I was overdoing it, but I don't like flubby arms.

Closed Thread