It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 06:02 AM   #1

Nads HB User
Post Heart probs and pacemaker

Hello all,

we were shocked 4 months ago when my partner began fainting over a period of 3 days and to cut an incredibly long story short, he had an emergency pacemaker fitted (and 2 days later the perm one fitted - he's 31 years old) and he also needs a valve replacing.

We have adjusted quite well to firstly the shock of what had happened and then secondly to settling back in to normal life (as much as possible). Then, last weekend he was woken at 5am with an incredibly fast heart beat (that fast that I couldn't count it) pains in his chest and arm. Long and short again, back to the cardiac unit, he's been put on beta blockers and they are going to start doing further tests.

He's back at home and we are trying to live as normal again, but it's so difficult with this hanging over us. I'm so scared that there might be something more serious lurking round the corner. He is the love of my life, my best friend and I can't bear the thought that our life together might be cut short.

If you have experienced anything similar or are able to give me some advice on how to make his life nicer at the moment, it will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Nads

Old 08-29-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
Inactive

cutup HB User
Just be there for support. Let him talk about his situation. Talking about it was the best therapy for me.

------------------
It isn't time that heals all wounds, it's what you do with that time. Dr. Phil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread