It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

househuntress HB User
Smile needing reasurrance

Hello All,
I went in to the doctor for blood work and a physical. I have a history of GURD and was having pain on the right side of my chest and it felt like my throat was raw and closing up.
Dr. did an EKG, it came back with *non-specific T wave abnormailities*..he told me I needed a stress test. My coloestrol is down to 166 now. Went to have the stress test and the PA just listened to me and scheduled a chemical stress test.They also did a Thyroid panel (normal), echocarigram (within normal limits) and a holter (Dr. said nothing worrisome) (I've had a regular stress test before 9 years ago and they found nothing other than etopic beats benign...holter was normal and so was echocaridgram)I've taken varelan for 9 years for the *added beat* and HBP.
Well to say the least I'm driving my BP up because of the ...what if's...I have the test in 3 days.
When they ordered the test they told me to not run any 10 mile marathtons and just laughed, that was 3 weeks ago. They say they are doing this because the calicum channel blockers *blunt* the regular stress test and I have risk factors so they want to make sure I don't have damage or blockage.....I wish they hadn't said that last part.
I need some real advice but don't scare the bejebbers out of me. I can't take much more.
Thanks,

Old 09-01-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
Inactive

gigi777 HB User
hi there
im not sure how much help i can be but i also had 2 abnormal ekgs. They told me they were abnormal and showed i might have had a heart attack. Scared me to death! I know how you feel. But they then ran echo,treadmill and 24 holter and all was normal on these tests. After that they didnt seem to concerned about it and sent me home. That was 4 years ago and Ive been fine other than heart palpitations. Ive always worried about the abnormal ekg's cause they never explained anything to me. Hope you get more answers, i would also be interested to know what abnormal ekg signifies. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
Inactive

cutup HB User
Just try to remain calm. The thought of a heart condition is very frightening but if that's what it is the stress of worrying will not help. Hope the tests come back fine. Good luck.

Closed Thread